What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Nothing wrong with the advertising as far as i’m concerned. All the better for it great stuff

Top postie bought 50th anniversary copy of Workingman’s Dead to complete the studio and live album collection.

The original went AWOL in 1970 something when we let a Dutch couple stay in our student house. My German Airforce greatcoat also disappeared. Still they had a large quantity of red leb so not all bad!

9 Likes

This is a lovely vinyl reissue; Riding With The King. Great sound, perfect pressings and a very nice Tip-on gatefold sleeve. Highly recommended.

11 Likes

RSD reproduction of Angolan release

4 Likes

Working my way through the Kraftwerk coloured vinyl

7 Likes

Cleo Laine - Cleo at Carnegie Hall - on vinyl

Bought vis Discogs and supposedly in Mint Condition (vinyl) and ‘Near Mint’ (sleeve), the latter full of impressions and largely unglued.

Neither are close* - no names, no pack drill, but this is why I generally stay away from buying legacy used vinyl. Grrrr…

*matters are in hand.

As an item, it’s got value for me, but this kind of thing rubs against my principles, even if it is only a few quid.

What’s the sound like on those Billy?

1 Like

5 Likes

Pete La Roca - Basra

On vinyl largely because the CD has a notice saying that it’s copy protected and I’m not sure I’d have been able to rip it.

5 Likes

Very good to me Kev, vinyl is nice and quiet too. Five albums listened to and three to go. The package is excellent with decent sleeves and an LP sized booklet. If you’re interested, get them whilst you can

1 Like

A Rollins for me too:
1967, mint. Excellent music - but Elvin Jones and Jimmy Garrison OWN this album over Sonny and Freddie :slight_smile:
Great engine room in these two.

4 Likes

Just getting into the AS Nina Simone re issues picked up this week, sounding good
:grin:

1 Like

Matthew Halsall - Oneness
My second purchase in two days from this multi talented Jazz Player this triple LP is heavily influenced again by Alice Coltrane and sounds of India. As soothing as a Jazz record can be.

4 Likes

3 Likes

So discovered Heilung this week and my fascination with what they do made me immediately buy their two studio albums on vinyl, Ofnir and Futha.

1 Like

2020 limited edition clear vinyl reissue (half speed remastered at Abbey Road) with poster!

11 Likes

Oooooh, nice.
And a poster…

This will go on my “don’t need but do want” list!

1 Like

Agree - don’t need but want a copy! My original still sounds very good indeed. @TheKevster - how’s the sound quality?

I am LP12-less at the moment @YetiZone, while a Karousel is fitted. I bought it partly because my original UK pressing is showing its age (and rather too many signs of party wear and tear). Will report back as soon as I’ve had a chance to hear it, hopefully later this week!

KW

1 Like

2 Likes