What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks Kev, perfectly understood! The Karousel bearing upgrade to the LP12 should see an uplift in performance, as it seems to be very well received. Be good to read your observations when you get it back.

1 Like

714j50hdFJL.SS500

Thanks to this forum… :sunglasses: :+1: :notes:

6 Likes

It’s one of the few new re-releases that sounds decently on my pretty modest Rega P3-24/Exact, it’s pretty much flat, vinyl is almost perfectly silent as well. On the contrary Duran Duran eponymous re-release in white vinyl is quite atrocious.
Regards
Roberto

Just arrived from Bandcamp having ordered a couple of months back. Double clean vinyl? Does the half speed master explain the 1 gig download size?

Listened to the download a lot so looking forward to a spin with michell!

1 Like

At last! The test pressings for Ese & The Vooduu People’s “Mercury In Retrograde” have arrived from the Vinyl Factory. Unfortunately I currently don’t have a turntable to listen to them on! :sob: :sob: :sob:

10 Likes

My original is pretty worn too, can’t believe I missed that one - seems to be sold out in the usual places.

Have you tried the UMe store or the Siouxsie & The Banshees store @Alley_Cat?

1 Like

I must be entering the wrong search terms, as anything I find is Sold Out.

Kev, when will the album (vinyl) be available on Bandcamp?

Fiona Apple - Fetch the bolt Cutters.

Nadine Shah - Kitchen Sink.

A couple of albums I’ve been meaning to buy ever since they were released, and finally got around to it!

2 Likes

Oh boy, my teenage crush and still girl of much desire.

I did actually get to meet her some years back and thought her about the nicest person you could hope her to be.

She was very well spoken and when she asked about me, I of course played it cool and replying with as much eloquence, grace and style as I could muster said,“Phnarggh flt pbll sqbll fletmarharni”.

8 Likes

Hopefully first week of January @YetiZone

1 Like

She has an interesting history/story. First album and hits had prog rock band The Enid as her backing band, and then later on has had a second career as a garden designer. Having seen her on a couple of programmes for that she did indeed seem quite a lovely person.

@Jamiewednesday

I thought you were talking about Siouxsie, lol!

3 Likes

Thanks Kev. :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Good album, but I absolutely hate the packaging. A PVC sleeve containing a sheet of card which serves as the album artwork, a poster and then the vinyl itself in an inner sleeve.
Let’s just hope it remains “The New Abnormal”.

1 Like

I bought mine on Amazon just the bog standard one but not released until mid January I’m looking forward to giving it a spin.

8 Likes

8 Likes