What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Kacy and Clayton (Canadian, I believe) and Marlon Williams (NZ) new album Plastic Bouquet.

I’ve been waiting for this. Released yesterday. Marlon Williams has an amazing voice. Kacy and Clayton I didn’t know before this but there’s a healthy dose of Emmylou Harris in there.

If you haven’t heard Marlon Williams sing before, check out Arahura on this album.

1 Like

My first live album. Not a great fan of live recordings but for this I make an exception.

Heilung live at Castlefest in The Netherlands.

Limited gold edition of 250 copies.

2 Likes

Both recent Autechre LPs

2 Likes

download (1)

Van Morrison Veedon Fleece.
Near mint condition. Sound quality blown me away.

9 Likes

Possibly my favourite Van album, along with Hard Nose The Highway, and both do indeed sound great off the old vinyl.

4 Likes

New arrival today. Brand new Tone Poet reissue. This is excellent. I’ve had an older reissue for decades (80s EMI Pathe Marconi), but this really does it the justice it deserves…

9 Likes

3 Likes

Heilung I found a few weeks ago on YT. Since then I listen to it regularly. Very unusual… Actually extraordinary…

Can you write something about the press quality? I can’t find a “Gold” edition, only a limited one.

1 Like

Yeah also kinda stumbled upon them. Been to Castlefest a few times but mostly during the day so really sad I missed this one.

The pressing is pretty good. Some vinyl noise but I found it a pretty good experience.

I bought it straight from Season of Mist. Also have not seen the golden vinyl edition elsewhere.

1 Like

I’ve got a Liberty original of that one and a 70s UK reissue (effectively a UK first issue). It will be interesting to see how this new one compares.

Thx Kryptos, guess will order the limited Edition then.

1 Like

Excellent choice. I’ve just ordered a copy.

1 Like

Earlier I got the normal black vinyl version of Ofnir and the limited moss green edition of Futha.

They are also pretty good pressings.

Well, listend both on YT … pretty good staff… Vinyl ordered.

1 Like

One of the most beautifully presented LP’s I’ve bought in a long time, sonically it isn’t up there with the Tone Poets or the Acoustic Sounds but it sounds pretty good and is well worth the price.

9 Likes

+1

My favirized records from KC !!!

Does anyone own the 50th Anniversary Edition 200 gram vinyl?

Hi Herman,

That is the version I am currently waiting to be delivered, so hopefully I can provide a summary shortly!

1 Like

Yes. I think it’s great. I also think the bonus disc that comes with it is very worthwhile