What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

They look very interesting, suspect the BluRay might be good for the visuals.

1 Like

Oh it is! I bought the Blu-ray with the vinyl. But it can be watched before buying on YouTube. Just look for LIFA. The entire concert is there.

1 Like

Just watched a YT vid and thought kind of like ‘Dead Can Dance’ musically - many similar comments on UK’s Amazon site.

The lady with the antlers looks beguiling!

Strangely made me think of Clannad, ‘Robin of Sherwood’ and ‘Herne the Hunter’

1 Like

Yeah. I was transfixed to the visuals and for a festival show I found the production and sound to be top notch.

And as that concert took place just a few kilometers from my house I am pretty upset I missed it. But already bought tickets for their show in December of next year. Holding thumbs that things are better then.

If you like their stuff also check out Danheim and Nytt Land.

2 Likes

Nothing worse than finding out something you wanted to hear or see happened locally and you missed it!

Was going to see Rammstein locally earlier in the year but it got cancelled.

Got my daughter hooked on Gary Numan’s album Savage a few years ago - he played locally last year but age restrictions meant she couldn’t go, she was very disappointed. The year before his non age-restricted concert coincided with an outward bound school trip that had been booked many months before.

1 Like

Lucky I saw them years ago but was positively cursed with their recent tour. First time around they came I went online and due to a system error with the ticketing system I could not buy a ticket while folk who logged in later could.

Then the second concert I remembered to buy a ticket… up until 4 minutes before it started so lost out. And then it got cancelled to add insult to injury :man_shrugging:

Btw, you made me pop in the LIFA BluRay now haha. Quality is a lot better than the YT stream!

1 Like

Saw them on YouTube and was taken with I saw and heard. I’ll be listening to more from them.

1 Like

That’s great! With the smaller bands the more support they have in these times the better the chance they’ll make it through.

[edit] I was stating the obvious there sorry. Just really feel for performers in these times.

2 Likes

And also Wardruna, theres an interesting version of Helvegen featuring Aurora up on YT. Had tickets for them this year but cancelled due to the new normal.

3 Likes

Ah yes they are brilliant too!

Paul McCartney - McCartney III. Pre ordered so looking forward to hearing this when it arrives.

6 Likes

My Christmas present from my wife - can’t listen to it now, it will be properly wrapped up and put under the Christmas tree.

The album was recommended by a number of fellow members (@seakayaker, @johnt, @dave-marshall, @igahman…) and I can’t wait!

Claude

5 Likes

Wait til she goes out, carefully unwrap, listen, carefully re wrap, place back under the tree. She’ll be none the wiser :grin:

1 Like

Good tip. Just put this on and jeez it is good!

1 Like

After some delays due to COVID my signed edition of Some King of Peace by Olafur Arnalds arrived.

Mixed feelings. Nice to finally have it but almost the entire album is heavily plagued by pops and clicks. As it’s not a local order and lockdown is upon us I’m probably stuck with this copy.

2020 remastering

9 Likes

This was bought from AED Records owned by Mr Collins himself and came with a nice bag inside the cardboard shipping box

2 Likes

Spinning this now. What a great pressing, it sounds fabulous

2 Likes

I used to have guitar lessons from Malky Ross (front right on the Orange Juice cover) at his flat in Battersea.

2 Likes

I went out to post some cards today. As luck would have it, the sun was out, and my son had a break between online classes, so it turned into a pleasant walk around the neighbourhood and through a local park. En route I stopped into a local coffee shop that has just converted their upper floor into a record shop. I came away with this Tone Poet release

11 Likes