What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

8 Likes

Sorry can’t remember who recommended this on the Board but many thanks. New to me so streamed a few times before buying the BN80 version in the Blue Note sale. Quintessential recording but with a twist or two.

5 Likes

Worth it?

Oh yeah, favourite film.

13 Likes

JARV IS… - Beyond The Pale.

Taylor Swift - Folklore.

(retail therapy after one of ‘those’ work weeks).

5 Likes

on its way:
Paul McCartney - III
Paul McCartney - Flaming Pie
Daniel Lanois - For The Beauty Of Wynona

5 Likes

514ff8YQJfL.AC

Bargain on “The River” atm, £8.05! :+1: :grin:

4 Likes

Prime Prine: The best of John Prine. Snow Palms: Land Waves. Both on vinyl

1 Like

I think so, Jamie!

2020 2LP Remastering

3 Likes

Just pre-ordered the 5LP set. Due for release February 2021

7 Likes

Just listening to this on Qobuz - very good!

‘troll

I have the original version of that. Why now 2xLP, extra tracks or cut at 45rpm?

No extra e no 45 rpm, only a new remastering

The original is awful

The 2002 digital remaster just decent

IMO

3 Likes

not actually bought by me but the wife for my birthday today

3 Likes

@mojo_65 - I’d love to get that Peter Gabriel Secret World Live album. Sold out everywhere in Canada it would seem! I must not be the only one wanting it.

I placed my order right when the email arrived from Peter’s website, many months ago…I bought the whole bundle at once, so I had to wait until the last issued before shipment… I New they could sell out quickly… Good luck if you will be searching :crossed_fingers:

Well, that’s been an interesting morning. I received my Amazon delivery of 2 Tone Poets, The Cooker, Lee Morgan and The Kicker, Bobby Hutcherson. Started to play the Cooker. There was a bit of background noise, more than I would expect from Tone Poet. Then there was a big pop in the middle of track 1. Played it again and it was still there. Just as I was getting my Project cleaner out my Zavvi order of 6 pot luck Jazz for £20 turned up. The delivery driver apologised as the package was unstuck at one end. Took it in but realised that one album, Cannonball Adderley, Somethin’ Else was not shrink wrapped and the edge of the inner sleeve was wet, but the cover was fine. The vinyl looked ok, so I played it. Wow, no problems; quite and dynamic. Playing some Mingus now - fantastic!! (Btw I have cleaned the Tone Poet and all is good!)

6 of the Zavvi bundle were cheaper by over 3x compared with the two Tone Poets - bargain of my Christmas :christmas_tree::grin::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

@docbot I have the Zavvi jazz set wrapped up under the tree, can’t wait to unwrap on the day and give them a spin.Great value.
What else did you get in the set?

1 Like