What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hi Neil, got Money Jungle (I have the TP release) Dexter Gordon’s Go!, Eric Dolphy’s Out to Lunch, Mingus’ Ah Um (my 80s pressing is rubbish), Getz/ Gilberto (I have the recent Acoustic Sounds release so a bit superfluous) and Somethin’ Else. I should have put them under the tree but as the box was opened I just had to check them!! Still listening with a smile :grin::+1:

Thankyou…I dont have any of those in physical format apart from Go… which I have on CD. I may get a slightly different set…
Who knows

1 Like

Picked these today from the local record store just around the corner – early Christmas present…

5 Likes

I thought the De Agostini Getz/Gilberto was excellent. So much so, I didn’t bother to get the Acoustic Sounds release.

The De Agostino Somethin’ Else is also excellent.

3 Likes

Where do you source De Agostini editions in UK? I didn’t know those could be found outside of Italy… Nice, and I agree some collections are very good indeed :+1:

The 6 off was a Black Friday special from Zavvi. In the past they have done 10 for £30. I would like to know if there is anywhere else we can get them as I believe there are 70+ in the Jazz 33 1/3 series.

I bought a couple of the original magazine issues. I then bought some from eBay and Discogs, and I also bought a “mystery” lot from Zavvi stores. I now have quite a few of them, and in most cases they have been very good indeed and usually immaculately pressed either by Record Industry (best pressings around IMHO) or MPO. Discogs will show you all of the releases in the series.

1 Like

On Pre Order remastered from the original masters by Kevin Grey and pressed at Optimal.

4 Likes

Hopefully another on the way…one to unwrap & play, one to keep…

6 Likes

7629_email_template_assets_75bbbb05-edfd-4801-b7bb-8c3fb5a67131_the-style-council-feat

1 Like

The joys of being a collector, the vinyl edition

8 Likes

On its way from the river, may make it before Christmas

Claude

4 Likes

Just purchased from AcousticSounds. I’ve not received it yet. It’s been backordered forever but is now back in stock.

6 Likes

@apye - how is the sound quality on the vinyl. I’ve not impressed with how the vocals come through on the streaming edition (Tidal).

5 Likes

Just arrived yesterday from Rough Trade UK.
Pressing is flawless, as is the playing.

4 Likes

@TO_Vinyl absolutely superb in every way, very atmospheric and well recorded.
I have the CD as well that also sounds great, but the vinyl is better :+1: :grin: :notes:
Don’t know why the streaming edition isn’t ? :open_mouth: :thinking:

Wow, thought I was the only one out there that loved this album, fantastic voice

Amazon dot ca has it…

Hoping it’s as awesome as Plays Live and Greece…

Regards alan

I’ve pre-ordered these as well… my first two from the new Classic Series (continuation of the 75th and 80th Anniversary series, as I understand it, with improved pressing for the non-EU deliveries) arrived a couple of days ago and are really good. Those were The Sidewinder (Lee Morgan), and The Real McCoy. Not the super slick Tone Poet packaging, but nice LPs and good to have access to extra titles re-done nicely and carefully.

The January Tone Poet releases are also available to pre-order… This has been a bit of a rabbit hole, I’m afraid I must confess!!!

Hope you (and I!) enjoy when they arrive.

Regards alan