What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks @alan33 I missed out on Sidewinder which is now sold out on BN but I have a decent copy from the 80’s. As far as the Tone Poet series goes I’ve bought three so far but none of the other titles have excited me enough to pay full price but they are beautifully packaged and pressed.

1 Like

Hi dear, what Di Tone Poet titles have you bought? As a layman and inexperienced I preferred to buy Oblique, Mr. Shing a Ling, Combread, That’s where it’s at

I too bought Cornbread, Grant Green both of which I love and Cassandra Wilson not so much but it was only £15 on offer.

Nice Shot! I on amazon italia paid about € 32 each. Only combread on amazon France paid 22 € but I have yet to arrive! :cry:

I also bought The Siderwinder but it’s yet to arrive …

4 Likes

Which other colour version did you plunge for? I can see Indie store white, HMV blue and McCartney store red, assuming the last copy is the standard black vinyl?

It seems the short run (333 copies) yellow and black Third Man Records variant is selling for thousands on ebay currently, and the Spotify Coke bottle light green seems to be in high demand as well, selling in the hundreds…

333_600

In the end I just went for Indie store white, although I could be tempted by the red vinyl as well!

2 Likes

I went for indie store white, HMV blue, Macca dot com orange and Macca dot com/Third Man red. Could have bought a few more but settled for those

1 Like

Do you intend to break the seal on any of them?

1 Like

I have the CD so I don’t know, maybe one, the white or the blue

Bill Callahan - Gold Record. Could be my favourite since Dream River. Nice pressing too but no poly lined inner…

2 Likes

I was just streaming this! Very good album.

1 Like

The “East West” is the Speakers Corner reissue, it’ll be fun to compare to my other copies. The Coltrane’s are the Acoustic Sounds issues, beautiful gatefold sleeves and The Gweniffer Raymond is her latest, I’m going to" de shrink" these over Christmas!

6 Likes

For collectors of Beatles and spatter vinyl…just arrived, numbered, 10 inch, well recorded studio stuff plus live concerts…

4B1A9B89-BF50-45AC-996D-8E22077B33B0_4_5005_c

4 Likes

Agreed. It really frustrates me when I receive LPs coming without poly lined inner sleeves. Easily resolved by inserting one of those in the paper sleeve, but still…

Claude

A couple of anniversary releases under the tree

2 Likes

Just got my 3 LP ‘limited black vinyl’ copy (???), though I think disc 2 has some graphics on one side.

Sides 1/2 of LP one have awful superficial marks scratches either side (just like complaints on Amazon), so far playing pretty well though.

1 Like

Stephen Stills Manassas. A lovely Christmas present. I’ve never had this album on any format, but after hearing a few tracks online, I thought it was definitely one I needed to add to my collection.

This is the 2010 repress, cut by Bernie Grundman and pressed at Pallas. Pleasingly, it comes with poly-lined inner sleeves.

7 Likes

Picked up these three today, all sounding great…

15 Likes

Stephen Stills.Manassas.
Incredible album Neil. I bought the original vinyl when it was released and again on cd. There is so much going on that it improves with every listen. Musicianship is incredible. That’s some line up on the cover.:christmas_tree: