What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

@igahman, I was only about 10 when this originally came out and it was another year or two before I really started getting into music, but I remember buying an NME Encyclopaedia of Rock in the late 70s which was illustrated, in part, with classic album covers and this was one of them. I always thought it looked a cool cover.

1 Like

What a scare - I eventually got to the second LP and flipped to the decorated side B in dimmed lighting - put the stylus down and the arm skated straight across the side beyond the expected runout groove - what a bloody stupid idea to have a non-grooved LP side without it being stated or obvious.

Grrr!!! Hope it’s not affected my Krystal.

1 Like

Oh dear. I haven’t done that yet. I hope your stylus survived.

Seems ok so far, but was rather annoyed given the current vogue for coloured/decorative vinyl.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I sent my 2 month old Kandid skidding across the label last week. Gave it a clean and all is well.

1 Like

Not bought, but given.

1 Like

A present from Santa

Did you see the documentary on sky arts about Queen and Adam lambert it was very good

Nubya Garcia, and Bill Evans.

(On me lap on the bus home from work…)

6 Likes

New 3 lp release of Zappa in New York live.

3 Likes

Been a productive week. Mostly due to delayed post.

First up I finally managed to find the re-issue version of Seal’s first album. Took three tries on Discogs and fussing with post to get it but it’s here.

Next up the silver coloured special edition vinyl of Förbundet by Garmarna. Mixed and produced by Christopher Juul of Heilung.

And one of the Christmas pressies that has been stewing in wrapping paper for about a month, Idiot Prayer by Nick Cave. Cheating this last photo as the cellophane on it showed my silly mug in the reflection when I tried.

3 Likes

AC/DC PWR UP. Yellow vinyl.

No, missed that… thanks for heads-up will keep a watch out for it, bound to be repeated.

A new copy of Ziggy, the new Faithless (superb), Belle and Sebastian live, Angel Olsen and a new discovery to me, Melanie de Biasio. All good pressings, not a given, and probably my best haul in a while.

2 Likes

A nice selection delivered today…

12 Likes

A nice varied quartet :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I have this 12" a bazillion times already but this 2020 remaster was an Xmas present.

10 Likes

@TheKevster I’ve told you a trazillion times not to exaggerate :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Got in the mood to catch up on some favourites from my teenage days. First one arrived today.

Metallica - Ride the Lightning.

Nothing like a trip down memory lane that bashes your brains out in such an awesome way :metal:

5 Likes