Thanks to the Boxing Day sales

11 Likes

1997 EMI 100 RE

13 Likes

immagine

2006 RHINO UK RE

9 Likes

3 Likes

40th anniversary edition. Looks and sounds very nice indeed.

9 Likes

Very niche genre but I was a Mod during the revival of the late 70s early 80s and SA were probably the best of the revival bands at the time.
I had the original on vinyl back in the day but foolishly let it go when I was older.
Now been reissued on 180g purple stuff and is sounding very nice… and I am sitting here at 52, mentally in my old parka riding my Li 150 Lambretta.!

2 Likes

I’ve been to Uptown records, traveled down from East Yorkshire last year before lockdown. Great place, huge collection of records all genres. Came away with a few albums

On Pre Order
London Grammar - California Soil
Of the two records I’ve heard from this record one the title track I absolutely love and the other whose name I can’t remember was very average a bit like Coldplay when they went a bit EDM.
I really enjoyed their debut LP but the 2nd release I actually sold for silly money so it’s probably a bit hit and miss but if your are a fan there are some really nice signed versions of this new record on the website including a nice box set.

7 Likes

I used to like Secret Affair too and was a mod revivalist like you I’m of that age (51).
I preferred The Chords though and saw them at the Brighton Corn Exchange and of course The Jam I’ve been toying with the idea of buying a Vespa to leave over in Spain.
Each year we go down to the Scooter rallies on Brighton seafront and look at all the beautiful bikes all of the mirrored ones are a bit much but their are some incredible looking custom paint jobs here are a couple of pictures I especially like the ‘English Rose’ engraving on the handle bars, you can just make out a blurred me looking on admiringly.

4 Likes

A fantastic book, movie and soundtrack.

Just at the very end of their powers but still some great tracks. It reminds of our one and only family Holiday when we drove down to the South of France. My Dad had just got a large tax rebate and so he bought himself a Ford Granada Gia (What a beautiful car) and we all drove down through France, four teenagers and my parents who where still only in their late 30’s and huge Stones fans so this record had just come out and got played a lot on the car stereo.

Unfortunately my Dad was no mechanic and so when the car over heated outside Leon it cost most of the holiday budget to get towed and mended we spent the next two weeks eating bread and cheese but still very happy memories.

1 Like

Same here Bob…used to be a regular at the rallies, mostly on stage playing in the Jam tribute band I was in.great days.
Chords and Purple Hearts, Small World etc.
Great music scene at that time.