What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

The Lindisfarne LP brings back memories of flicking through my parents collection love that cover beautiful textured card too.

1 Like

It was nostalgia that prompted me to bid on the Lindisfarne album …,I remember seeing them in concert at a venue in Taunton when I was about 17 years old… happy days

top music and top sound on white vinyl

6 Likes

2015 RE

3 Likes

Gold vinyl version… less folk more blues rock than previous albums, enjoyable nonetheless and a pleasant change.

5 Likes

I’ve got the Smoke Fairies album - it’s on gold with black splatter as I recall.

Some miscreant has made off with me splatter :scream:

These:

13 Likes

Oh, mine looks like this:

But looking a bit more closely I see there is also a signed and numbered (of 500) print in the sleeve so it must have been a launch special.

2 Likes

Kate Rusby - Hand Me Down. (Limited signed edition).

Release date: 22.1.21

Bought as a statement of intent, as I don’t have a record player yet (not had one for 35+ years). I believe it is a bright tangerine colour, but will not open it until record player is in place, so can’t confirm that.

See, no record player. Yet!!

9 Likes

I can completely relate to this. I have been buying up records over the last year while working on saving for and choosing a record player. A big stash of records, all still shrink-wrapped, waiting for next Friday night!

When will you add a record player to the stack?

1 Like

Later this year. Need to get funds together, then finalise build plans for an LP12.

4 Likes

Got tempted with an Amazon £5 discount offer and feeling a need to spend it :grin:

I see Bobby Hutcherson - The Kicker has increased in price to £45 on Amazon, i may have missed the buss on that one.

10 Likes

The Kicker and Oblique are both great. I got The Kicker Tone Poet, Oblique is still on my round tooit
Amazon take the p*ss. Try Juno, if out of stock click the “email me when available link”, their prices are good and service fast
:+1:

2 Likes

@Debs just to add AFAIK the Tone Poets are not limited editions, the earliest titles like Chick Corea are still available, so I don’t think you will have missed the boat re The Kicker.
If you search Juno, be sure to click the filter and select “show out of stock items”, if it is select the “email me when available”, they often get fresh stock quite soon.
Hope this helps
:heart:

1 Like

Dread, thank you but when i said ‘missed the buss’ i mean buying when the price is more affordable, less than 30 quid sort of thing like they often are at time of release on Amazon.
I’m not looking to spend regardless of how much :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

My diamants

The best jazz… :heart::heart::heart:

10 Likes

Ok, misunderstood. I know I’m shamelessly plugging Juno but their Tone Poets are usually around £33 or less, if/when the urge to get your flexible friend out hits.
:+1:

Nice haul there! What’s Diaments mean?

emphasized textSorry for my imperfect English: diamonds or jewels …