What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I started by chance to follow the Tone Poet publications in the forums and I fell in love with this period of Jazz and Blue Note Records … I’m starting to take a little longer. Now I’m pointing Byrd in Flyght … During the day during the Lock Down period I also listen to internet radio on The Jazz Groove west. It’s wonderful, like having all the tone poets at home …

3 Likes

Just acquired another 1st pressing copy of this great album.

11 Likes

Different shades of white vinyl Bob. JWH came in a poly lined inner sleeve, NS in a thick paper inner. Both sound good though :+1:

5 Likes

Morphine Cure For Pain
Bob Dylan Oh Mercy
Lenny Kravitz Are You Gonna Go My Way
Bert Jansch Black Swan
Cowboy Junkies Trinity Session

Oh Mercy has particular symbolism for me. Back in the mid 90s I used it (on CD) as part of choosing my first system.

1 Like

Four great selections so may try Morphine which I don’t know

1 Like

I played my elderly copy of this earlier when my other half commented that it sounded like it was recorded by a band eating crisps in a thunderstorm so purchased a new copy.
R-4896730-1378767503-5213.jpeg

2 Likes

Thanks… Morphine’s Cure For Pain is a great album from the 90s and one of my favourites from that period. Heavy sax and bass and strong vocals.

2 Likes

Black Focus - Yussef Kamal - Brownswood
I’ve been listening to this for a little while now and just got round to buying a vinyl copy. Yussef Dayes & Kamal Williams team up to produce some beautiful British Jazz Fusion.

41JujEkt9LL.AC

5 Likes

With beards!
:wink:

Not the last album I bought, but as Black Focus was mentioned above.
Kamaal William’s The Return was ostensibly his debut in 2018 following the Yussef/Kamaal project.

I bought it on the strength of hype/reviews and sorry to say it doesnt do anything for me, apart from trying to get what all the fuss was about :joy:
:heart:

Hi Stevie.I don’t have the original press so I cannot tell the difference. This copy IMO sounds very good. BTW is always a pleasure listening Siouxie and her beautiful voice

2 Likes

Hi @Peppo62
I agree - the reissue does. I’ve not yet directly compared to my original (which I’m keeping for the inner sleeve lyrics) but this clear vinyl copy does sound good! And agreed, it’s always a pleasure to hear Sioux :heart:

2 Likes

Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup - 2020 Giles Martin mix on clear 4lp vinyl. Never heard Angie sound this good. Sounds really really good. Interesting hearing the Giles Doo Doo… mix compared to the 1973 mix on the 4th lp. Prefer the new Giles.

Very good pressing.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Session
Alicia Keys - Alicia
Steely Dan - Aja (for a friend)

5 Likes

Aja for a friend…that’s love… :grinning:

Fear not, he’s paid me back :slight_smile:

Just listened to this on Qobuz. Agree with you entirely. Gorgeous album.

10 Likes

Today I asked amazon for the replacement because in the first listening I noticed that there are many clicks or tacs in the vinyl, especially in the last two tracks of the B side. On the B side the trumpet distorts or rasp a little! Has this happened by chance to any of you? Hope the replacement already in shipment is more perfect.