What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Not at all imo, it’s interesting and vinyl related.
There is another thread that is a pointless and negative whinge fest about warped records if you want a good old moan up!
:rofl:

In the last couple of years I have much enjoyed the radio concerts I recorded on cassette back in the late 70’s & early to mid 80’s. I play them back through the Naim system on a Sony Walkman Professional WM-D6C and I am often surprised by how good some of them sound. I am also entertained by the excellent battery life on the Sony Wallkman vs modern portable playing devices.

2 Likes

Dire Straits, On Every Street, double LP;
Whitesnake, The Blues Album;
Frank Sinatra, Sing and Dance with Frank Sinatra.

Dr David,
I’m currently using a WM DC2 for a similar revisitation of past concerts (whilst my non-Dragon Nakamichi awaits some servicing attention); I too am pleasantly surprised by both the original recording and the playback. (Apols for continuing the off-topic theme…)

2 Likes

Me too. Some I transferred to CD (still have the tapes) and are one of a kind performances never been made available anywhere.
One of which is a fantastic New Years Eve Concert by Jazz Jamaica broadcast by BBC R3 live from the Bulls Head In Barnes back in the day.
Fantastic night, neighbours thought I had a real band playing in my flat! :joy:
:heart:

2 Likes

Just arrived, will feed it to the RCM and give it a whirl later.

5 Likes

Madness - Absolutely, 40th Anniversary reissue

I couldn’t resist, despite already having a bunch of UK issues, including my original UK Sterling cut, a US Sterling on Sire that I bought in a bout of homesickness as a boy out in the States, and a couple of slightly later UK reissues picked up here and there over the years. It’s a very special album to me and inspired me to take up the saxophone. It also has two of Madness’ best songs; Overdone and Embarrassment.

11 Likes

61nrQLx0OnL.SS500

7 Likes

My 1st few Vinyl albums in about 20 odd years.

Bought via Roughtrade as they contain a digital code and haven’t got my head around not having an album without a digital copy.

2 Likes

Alfa Mist - On My Ones Sekito Records
(2020)

I finally bought a copy of this excellent solo 10” ep

Thats the afternoon sorted

10 Likes

@TheKevster and @Deeg

Looking forward to your thoughts on this Bowie!
(Assuming I can luck into a copy at some point).

Steve, it is excellent. Great selection of songs, all brilliantly rearranged. Lots of deep cuts too. Well worth getting.

2 Likes

Another in Pure Pleasure’s 100% analogue series reissues of classic Strata-East jazz from the 1970s.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I posted this article a while back giving the background to the album. Its a more general piece on the relationship between jazz, blues and pop at the time.

2 Likes

No issues with packaging nor pressing which is always a good start. As thekevster says its a nice set, felt the drums were abit soft and low in the mix of the first lp, better in the 2nd and 3rd but lacking that hard ‘snap’ you get at a good live gig.

1 Like

This does sound good and for me certainly the best BLA release so far. A great song selection, just listen to Jean Genie, Stay and O Superman. Brilliant Live Adventures?
A very definite YES!

7 Likes

44th Move - 44th Move - Black Acre Records (2020)

Collaboration between Alfa Mist and Australian drummer Richard Spaven now quite rare and going for £50+ including postage. I luckily found this mint copy missing it’s cover for £14 so I’m getting the important part.

1 Like

Mansur Brown - Shiroi - Black Focus Records (2018)

1 Like