What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I agree. Those IR vinyl editions are great sounding.

1 Like

ready for the weekend !!

10 Likes

A recent trawl of internet sites
UK first issue copies

2 Likes

Never heard of Bewith Records before (anyone?)

What an unbelievable record. From the wild cover to the iconic breakbeats, Roots from Ian Carr’s Nucleus is one of the dopest albums we know. This is seriously thick, funky-prog jazz-rock heaven

Under bandleader Carr, Nucleus existed as a fluid line-up of inventive, skilled musicians. This constant evolution and revolution was all part of the continuous musical exploration and discovery that took jazz to new levels.

Originally released on Vertigo in 1973, other than a couple of versions at the time, Roots was never re-pressed since so it’s gone on to become another one of those impossible to find records.

Maybe it was a little too out there for the time, but it’s aged very, very well indeed and this Be With re-issue, remastered from the original analogue tapes, shows off just why this deserves to be back in press.

This Be With edition of Roots has been re-mastered from the original Vertigo master tapes, Simon Francis’ mastering working together with Pete Norman’s cut to weave their usual magic with these wonderful recordings. The crazy cover has been restored at Be With HQ as the finishing touch to this long overdue re-issue.
:heart:

4 Likes

Dread, they’re best known for their reissues of library music (KPM especially) and rare Jazz/World music. They’re based in Manchester a very small operation. I have no idea how they source their material, or whether it’s dubbed from records or CDs, but what I have heard sounds decent. Nice packaging too.

1 Like

Thanks Kev, the above says from original vertigo master tapes so hopefully good.
The Mr Bongo re issue of Ian Carr Belladonna incidentally is out today.

1 Like

…a good one…

3 Likes

Ian Carr - Belladonna – Vinyl LP/CD - Mr Bongo

1 Like

download

I’ve had a couple of cracking Mofi LP’s of late. It makes me wonder just how good those “One Step” releases are. At around four times the price of a standard “silver” Mofi release how much better are they?

2 Likes

Is the cover original? Looks a bit ‘mangaesque’ with the big eyes, just wondering if they tweaked the image for the market.

1 Like

The album’s on my knees on the bus home, at a quite an angle, so the height of the camera assists the slight weirdness of the photo - certainly her hair is not quite as emphatic when viewed normally. The photo looks a bit 'touched up, I agree.

1 Like

Every penny :blush:

Ah, memories!

For completism’s sake, really. And because I was there.

9 Likes

Received this today, Yell40 Years. Tonight’s listening.

8 Likes

Ordered my signed, yellow vinyl copy of Birdy album yonks back, due out today. Got a message from Amazon this morning telling me they’re still ‘trying to obtain the item I ordered’. Well Amazon, you can f@#£ right off.

Unfortunately this is becoming quite common lately. I have ordered a number of albums from a couple of what were usually reliable sources, after waiting a couple of months, finally chasing up, only to be told that they couldn’t get stock so will refund. Of course, by then it’s usually too late to order from elsewhere, except from the flippers who want their premium. I guess it’s all part of the current Covid crisis, so understandable, but annoying all the same.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Limited to 500 copies

9 Likes

Blue Note 80 remastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at Optimal .

2 Likes