What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Ordered!

1 Like

They have some interesting releases Richard I’ve just pre ordered Solar Session by Ian Carr Double Quintet which is a 10”, 120 gram pressing.

3 Likes

They are a non profit company run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts the man behind it John Thurlow is a total British Jazz nut and the author of a book on Harry Becket.

He also is responsible for the tape transfer on Blue Beginnings and you would think as a non profit that he has done his upmost to get the sound right.

2 Likes

I have to admit Harry Beckett is totally new to me but a quick Google threw this rather nice tune.

1 Like

819EcyhO6tL.AC_UY436_QL65

4 Likes

Mary Margaret O’Hara A New Day 12" 45.
Bought for the live versions of To Cry About & When You Know…
(Any excuse for Mary’s fabulous singing)

Capt. Beefheart & The Magic Band
Strictly Personal
UK first press, mono - to go with my Blue Thumb original stereo. One of my desert islands, and I’ve never heard the mono…automatic buy!

3 Likes

Oooh that looks good. I haven’t thought about The Coral for years. I had their first album on CD. Thanks for the reminder; I’ll check this new album out.

Just arrived from Reel to Real Records – another one of this year’s bumper RSD release crop. An absolutely gorgeously-packaged, previously unreleased 1960s live double album from the undervalued altoist Harold Land. Looking forward to hearing this one!

1 Like

Arrived this morning
Ian Carr Belladonna (Mr Bongo re issue)

:heart:

2 Likes

Well a nice chap at UMG sent me a replacement order, no need to return the original order. Arrived yesterday, Nice one!

5 Likes

13 Likes

Btw I got a text notification and it was the same driver, so I hid behind the fence until he arrived and set the dog on him!

Ordered here too.Thankyou.

First ever listen to the Coral. Not my usual fare, but two tracks in and I love the cheerful, uplifting melodies. Perfect for relaxing with a cuppa and Eccles cake after some industrial gardening. Thanks for posting this one.

Only 5 left now.

@steviebee You had me scurrying for my record collection. As well as being one of my fave records - Kandy Korn is mind blowing - it is also one of my treasured possessions. Inherited from my sister who bought it at the time, I assumed I had an original issue of Strictly Personal, but I knew it wasn’t Blue Thumb. So attached is a photograph (do not bend!). It is actually a Liberty Records (Stereo) Release. Where that sits in the pantheon - I know not. Maybe you are the person to tell me! Whatever the news I will still treasure this and take to my Desert Island too!
Cheers
Dave

1 Like

Now its 4

1 Like

2LP set arrived yesterday.
Rocksteady Got Soul
The latest Soul Jazz round up of wonderful Studio 1 classics and obscurities
Brilliant!

2 Likes