What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

The Kate Bush set above @biddler66? Not yet, only got it today, but not sure when I’ll be able to hear it as my LP12 is desperately in need of a new cart and a service, so not sure when I will - but hopefully soon. the Bush box was a complete steal at £38, which was my main reason for buying it.

1 Like

Only £10.99 on the river!

11 Likes

I have that B2B pressing, it sounds great, I paid nearly twice that in Feb ‘18, at 11 squids it’s a bargain.

1 Like

8 Likes

I agree on that B2B Aja pressing.
I have heard this album on various vinyl/ cds. This is by far the best I have ever heard it.
Sounds absolutely stunning.
a://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BLJDYVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

@apye @Eoink @Stan - thanks for the heads up - I have ordered!

3 Likes

Highly recommended by Forum members, and available at a silly (as in low) price, so I thought, hell why not?

6 Likes

It’s a good one, but not quite perfect. Elsewhere there are complaints of excessive inner groove distortion, although I cannot say I found it too bad myself. However, for a mint copy at such a good price, it’s a no-brainer, even though I still prefer the best of the AB1006 US issues.

As an aside, I do wonder whether we will ever get definitive vinyl reissues of the Steely Dan discography. If it’s true that the original masters are long gone then it may never happen, but who knows…?

2 Likes

I just bought 4 Pink Floyd reissues. DSOTM, WYWH,Animals & Division Bell.

3 out of 4 are going back! Division Bell awful distortion on 1st track probably groove damage.
DSOTM slight warp and excessive crackle especially first couple of minutes on each side.
WYWH even worse crackling. I cleaned all records on my VPI vacuum cleaner.

Animals is ok but not perfect. Some crackle but not too bad and some vinyl noise on side 2 but not too much. This is the worst bunch of new vinyl I have received for quite a while. Never mind.

The new Peter Perrett album is on its way. Fingers crossed!

The Notwist - Neon Golden.

Bought it when it first came out on CD in the noughties. Sounds fantastic on vinyl and comes with an interesting dvd of how the album was made.

Not for everyone but I love the totally immersive wall of sound with all of the micro dynamics going on. Verging on tuneful at times too, unlike their early albums.

2 Likes

As did I

1 Like

180 gr.

3 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars on smokey blue vinyl from the Brucie store.

3 Likes

Esperanza Spalding - 12 Little Spells

The seventh and currently latest album from Esperanza Spalding, released on download / CD last October, but now available on double vinyl release of 10th May 2019 :+1:

3 Likes

Neil Young - Tuscaloosa. Not quite as good sounding as Live At Massey Hall, but another great old live recording and perfect pressing.

2 Likes

More for completist sakes, really…

7 Likes

Amazing sound, superb Bass.
Couple of near tracking issues on track one as mentioned, but I think this may be system dependant, depending on condition of your stylus. My DV10x5 is in its elder years and was on the limit, but no breakup.

5 Likes

Hi, Al Stewart, Russians & Americans, revisiting some of my older vinyl.

1 Like

Release day tomorrow.
Amazon say mine are ‘On the way’ :smiley:

1 Like