What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Nice collection.

1 Like

These arrived yesterday from Vinyl Tap in Huddersfield. I ordered the recent Who Sell Out super deluxe box from them and they were excellent at sorting out a problem. Now I have tried their vinyl service and it too was excellent, so I am pleased to have found another good source for vinyl and would recommend them.

6 Likes

I was lucky… “only” 50€ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

One of my favourite albums of all time, I have the US pressing in the heavy gatefold UK sleeve, stereo, bought at the time of release. Despite the good Captain’s reported dislike of the final release it’s easily my favourite of his. Let us know how the Mono sounds…must try to find a copy!

1 Like

My wife who has no interest in HiFi but enjoyed this LP. Shame I missed out on an original pressing on ebay.

buena-vista-social-club-live-at-carnegie-hall-lp

8 Likes

Typically, I’ve misplaced my US stereo temporarily. Hoping a friend hasn’t run off with it, as I gave him one of my old copies of Trout Mask to see what he thought, and may have lent him Strictly as well. Hope not as we had a later falling out and are not in touch.

But the mono, on one listen on phones, sounds great :+1: I’m not sure if it’s a dedicated mix or a fold down. I’ll comb the shelves for the stereo to compare :crossed_fingers:

Agreed - stellar album!

But does she like music?
:heart:

@Dreadatthecontrols wifey plays a guitar so has a good ear and enjoys music! I like my reggae :wink:

1 Like

Just teasing. A play on the fact that sometimes there are “HiFi” fanatics and others are music fanatics

1 Like

It seems this one is on pre order as of today. @alan33 asked to be updated :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Kandy Korn (the Mirror Man Sessions version) probably my favorite Beefheart track but you need to play it loud - very loud! Magic Band indeed.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, Rex!

Well fingers crossed, this is beyond extravagance … but it looks super cool, and I already like the video of them making everything by hand. I’m excited to be on the list!

Regards alan

1 Like

You’re welcome. And for 25.000 pressings at 100 USD each, I guess Acoustic Sounds is excited as well :wink:

1 Like

@RexManning doesn’t seem to be available in the UK, apart from at one individual whose reputation is not the best… otherwise it’s pay $90 for postage to Blighty from the AS site. Might have to sit this one out!

From Analogue Planet

This edition is the first since Classic Records’ 2002 reissue to use the metal parts created using Bernie Grundman’s mastering in which he cut lacquers directly from the 3 track master tapes. Grundman also corrected the quarter tone sharp reproduction of “So What”, “Freddie The Freeloader” and “Blue in Green” created by the original 3 track recorder running slow during the first recording session. Grundman said at the time that the recording was ideal and needed no equalization whatsoever so what you will hear from this edition is as close to the master tape still in great condition as is possible, pressed as well as is currently possible on flat profile UHQR Clarity vinyl.

So if you already have the Classic Records 200g (which I do)…?

1 Like

Then you wait for the 45. Just kidding, I don’t know, it all seems a bit hysterical to me. Did just order this 33 though, as I don’t yet have a copy.

Sorry Kev, what does oesn’t mean? Postage costs are absurd. Ordering a couple with a friend and sharing those fees seems a handy tactic.

1 Like

That’s a good idea @RexManning

Sorry “oesn’t” is a typo…! (now corrected)

1 Like

Too bad, I thought I was going to learn a new word today.

Yes indeed… FedEx was about $50 just to Canada… I almost balked, but in for a penny, in for rather a lot more!

Regards alan

1 Like