What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Just ordered KOB Analogue Productions. Have the MOFI release since before so will be interesting to hear. Also have the Craft Eastern Sounds coming in a few days :pray:

4 Likes

The sad thing about these pimped audiophile editions is that at least a quarter of them will sit on eBay unheard and unplayed.

The Eastern Sounds above I would love to own but it’s sold out everywhere but on eBay there are at least 20 copies
For £250+.

2 Likes

Hi Bob, If you can find the original Jazz Classics version of Eastern Sounds it is excellent.
I bought it after failing to get the Craft one step and reckon I saved myself a lot of money.

2 Likes

Personally I’d prefer a copy that costs less and doesn’t have that very expensive box etc I have the mofi box set and it’s a right faff getting the record out to play and finding something to protect the box from wear.

9 X out 10 I play either my RSD mono or my Kevin Gray remaster much easier.

1 Like

It doesn’t end there though Kev because VAT in the U.S on exports must be stopped by the Vendor on goods under $195 dollars and Acoustic sounds don’t currently have the correct paper work so you have to spend $195+.

1 Like

s-l300
After getting a handful of really good MoFi Silver Series offerings over the last few weeks I took the plunge and ordered this “One Step” pressing . I’ve just had an email to say DPD will be dropping it off within the next 2 hours.
I’m excited about listening to it as it could (should?) be the best sounding album I own. I’m also a little nervous that it won’t be as good as I hope …
Will offer my thoughts later.

7 Likes

@Man2wolf I also have a copy of Mirror Man - link to discogs but the die cut gatefold cover is in woeful condition, I think I picked it up from a 2nd-hand bargain bin (I won’t post a photo).
However I do have a soft spot for Strictly Personal (in particular that version of Kandy Korn) despite as @ChrisG says, the Good Captain having reportedly not liking Bob Krasnow’s special effects on the final release. Ironically I think these special effects helped to mess with my head and do it for me. Nostalgia comes into my taste methinks.

1 Like

Both the original and the Pure Pleasure reissues sound excellent, so it should be at least as good, hopefully better still.

It’s £119 plus delivery charges from Scott Nangle. Caveat emptor.

1 Like

As Richard mentioned, the original is very good, Ive never felt the need to try other pressings. Hope you find the Mofi a good buy
:heart:

The record or the supplier?
:heart:

Similar price at Diverse Vinyl, I guess it will come down to whether the distributors get their stock allocation?

Update…I just noticed Diverse Vinyl have put the price up by £30 since this morning, now at £150

I managed to do a pre-order at Diverse for £120…

1 Like

This $195 part is just for the UK. Special people :sunglasses:

1 Like

Visited my local used record shop today and got a bit carried away.

Jethro Tull - Rock Island
Chick Corea - Tap Step
Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel
John and Beverley Martyn - Stormbringer

King Crimson - Three Of A Perfect Pair
King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black
Dire Straits - Making Movies
Steel eye Span - All Around My Hat

Norah Jones - Play Date (RSD Black Friday 2020 (New))
Norah Jones - …‘TIl We Meet Again (New, bought elsewhere)
Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Swings Lightly
Stan Getz - Quintet And Quartet 1950-1951

That should me quiet for a wee while!

14 Likes

I’ll stick with my old Fontana pressing of ‘Eastern Sounds’. Amazingly, still NM.

1 Like

Got it today. Wow :pray:

1 Like

OJC-612 I assume? I got this too. And interesting is that on the original tape pictured in the Craft material it is written OJC-612 which makes me think the OJC might very well be from the same master. I will compare them both when I get time.

1 Like

Most OJC LP’s are great and excellent vfm