What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hey @Graeme, sorry I wont bother, I just listened to the online sound samples at Juno and I’m returning the record. Didnt sound particularly like non fill but yes very noisy
Many thanks for drawing attention to it though :+1:
:heart:

Glad someone else thinks it’s not worth it. I just took mine back and got the cd instead. It’s a good album, just a poor product. I’ve played the cd and it’s just fine btw.

1 Like

Yes it’s a shame, will probably stream it for now.
I Put the refund towards another order and spent more, happy days :grin:

1 Like

Yes it is. I’ll let you know :wink:

1 Like

A very welcome arrival from Speakers Corner:

21 Likes

Thanks, I bought a whole bunch of recent Lizzy re issues from Universal mastered@finyltweek, well recieved on another forum and I’m happy with them but the latest L&D is I think sourced from a 2014 mastering so not sure about this one, so your findings will be most welcome
Cheers

:+1:

Great sounding record

TBH, I’m a bit fed up. It’s one of my favorite records, but by now I have umpteen copies of it, including 45rpm MoFi, the anniversary one, SACD - all bested by the Classic (which I also have). I seriously thought about not buying yet another one, but then, convinced myself that if the UHQR bests the Classic and I miss out on it, I’ll never forgive myself. So I ordered one. In case the Classic is still better, I suppose I can always get on eBay …

They should have been a bit more adventurous in their choice of title though.

Lucky you - I logged in 15s after the pre-order opened for subscribers and it told me it was sold out !

Yes, I’m not resisting :slight_smile:

I have a Universal Japan pressing and that is gorgeous. Not heard the Kendun one though

It’s a great pressing Kev. For me as good, if not better than my two originals.
On another note I never bought the box sets of NO’s ‘Movement’ or ‘PCL’, I do have the originals though. What are those remastered vinyls like compared with the originals please?

1 Like

Would you know if they will press some more? Some of the old ones are now swapping hands at inflated prices.

I don’t know.

Well Dread, the copy I have is glass flat and free of pops and clicks. It’s the 2014 mastering and I have to confess that I can only compare it to an old MP3 file that I’ve had for years.

The sq is certainly better than the MP3 and given that it’s a live recording it sounds pretty good to my wooden ears although I would say there is a touch of sibilance on the S’s and T’s in Phil’s vocals.

The denser tracks are a bit muddy, but that may be more to do with the limitations of my system. On the more “open” tracks with less going on the presentation is a lot cleaner. The drums on sha la la are well defined.

I’m happy with it, but I’m easily pleased. :grin:

1 Like

@Blackstar

Hi Ian – I have UK, Japanese, US, Canadian, German, Aussie and New Zealand originals of both Movement and PC&L.

I have to say that the new Frank Arkwright cuts in the big box sets of both those albums are very good. They sound different, and in some ways slightly better, than the original UK Factory pressings (which have always been the best sounding versions of both albums IMO). Certainly better sounding than the godawful London and Rhino versions of the 1990s and noughties. For me the big attraction of both boxes was the extra (unreleased) audio and video material, which is well worth getting if you’re a fan. For once, the description “definitive edition” is apt.

@Cemil

None of these (BN Tone Poets or 80s) are intended to go out of print, they’re not limited editions. They may run out of supplies and you might have wait a few months for them to be repressed, but it’s definitely worth being patient rather than overpaying a flipper.

2 Likes

That is true Kevster - some of the earlier ones such as the Chick Corea became very scarce but then reappeared at most outlets at not too daft prices.

I’d like the new Andrew Hill on LP (have the CD) but 3 sides of vinyl for £50 is a bit steep. It’s a good session, although it could have used a bit more rehearsal (which would have made it a classic).

2 Likes

Cheers Kev, I noticed Movement was £77 on the river which got me thinking :thinking:

1 Like