What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

You won’t be disappointed with that. As @Blackstar says, it’s a superb pressing.

1 Like

You need to seek some therapy :joy:
:heart:

Thanks Badger, sorry to be a bore can I impose on you one more time, does Greg@Finyltweek, G@finyltweek, G@ft or similar appear etched in the dead wax? It may be quite faint to see and also maybe only on one side of either record.

Thanks for taking the time

I would have to disagree. Quality doesnt come cheap and Tone Poet’s are not “cheap”. AAA mastering, pressed at RTI, quality Stoughton Tip On Sleeve, most have gatefold with quality session photos…(not sure if Passing Ships has a gatefold)
Yer gets what yer pays for!

1 Like

Yes, Greg @ft etched into the runout wax :wink:

1 Like

Durand Jones & The Indications - Private Space

Pre order released 30th July.

If your going to buy this and your quick there is a limited edition bundle with a free signed print and live CD unfortunately though you do have to put up with the coloured vinyl.

One of my favourite ‘new’ bands of the past few years I saw them live at the Concord 2 in Brighton back in 2019 and they where excellent so have high hopes for the live CD.

1 Like

Jaubi - Nafs at Peace

Pre Order released May 28th

Beautiful traditional Pakistani folk music mixed with Spiritual Jazz and deep driving bass lines really looking forward to this.

2 Likes

I totally agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home. Rough Trade Exclusive bronze vinyl.

STV_-_Daddy's_Home_Rough_Trade

3 Likes

That’s good! Thanks again appreciated

PAUL WELLER FAT POP

Just posted this on the PW page;

Just been listening to sound samples of the black and translucent vinyl pressings of Fat Pop on Juno records.
Some really alarming what sounds like scratches on tracks 2, 3 & 4.
The translucent yellow vinyl sounds dull and muddy compared to the black pressing.
Be interested to hear what other members find when they have the physical vinyl in hand.
Edit: spoke to Juno their investigating

A lovely trio from Jess at Pure Pleasure Records… Terry Riley In C; Limited Stops Only by jazz vibist Rickey Kelly; and a white label of Creative Art Ensemble’s debut album, One Step Out.

5 Likes

£50 is a rip-off, considering this one can be picked up for $40 in the US.

No it isn’t imo, it costs more in the UK as its imported I believe. Not sure which neck of the woods you’re in, but if your outside the US its gonna cost you a lot more than an extra tenner to nip over there and get one.
( single vinyl Tone Poets are around £35 and worth every penny in my view, so £45 to £48 for a double is about right, the fact that it’s only 3 sided isn’t particularly relevant, the manufacturing cost will be pretty much the same I expect)

Incidentally Vanished Gardens was available on a more costly imported US RTI pressing and a cheaper European pressing. The RTI is much better, like I said yer gets what yer pays for

@Dreadatthecontrols @Dynaudio1 – All the BN Tone Poets are imported from the US, which accounts for the fact that they are more expensive in the UK/Europe than Stateside. But they’re still cheaper than trying to get them direct from the USA, the postal charges are horrendous!

2 Likes

Thanks Kev I know, that mirrors exactly what I was saying.
@Dynaudio1 sorry for any confusion for a moment I thought we were discussing the new Charles Lloyd, my same point and opinions apply though.
Just to add, in your view you may consider them too expensive for you, fair enough, but to accuse them of being a rip off I dont think is fair comment.
Atb

Might also be worth pointing out that since leaving the EU, shipping costs from there, as expected, have skyrocketed

But the pound has appreciated a bit against the $. Sorry but I don’t buy it - £50 for 3 sides of vinyl is not value ! I might add that I have picked up some of these Tone Poets for around the £25 mark, which seems more like it, albeit for single LP.

To put these costs into context - Andrew Hill’s entire Blue Note 60s output (exc. Passing Ships) was put out back in the day by Mosaic at a cost which was somewhat less than £100, on 7CDs I think. Now that’s what I call value ! They also had a 180g LP edition - pricier but still at less than £20 per LP.

Rag ‘N’ Bone Man - Life by Misadventure
Treat your ears!Rag n Bone Man

3 Likes