What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I too have picked up 3 Tone Poets all for under £25 one being a double. Blue Note UK have sales from time to time too, earlier this year most of the older TP releases where available for as little as £23.
It’s a question of shopping around and as these are not limited editions there will possibly be more pressings so I’m prepared to wait for those titles I want to come up at cheaper prices.

2 Likes

Yes, give it time and there’s a good chance that these will drop in price again (hopefully).

Sharing the latest additions to my vinyl beginners’ collection as they are coming in.

Rex’ vinyl #38

Steely Dan - Aja
Pressing 1978 / Portugal - ABC

Happy to have found this near mint copy, as the paper used for these gatefolds was very fragile.

11 Likes

Just arrived - Out of the Cool - The Gil Evans Orchestra. Just released from the acoustic sounds series.

7 Likes

What’s the sound like, @docbot? It is supposed to be very good…

Playing first track now. Will let you know. So far so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ordered this from Amazon a few months back along with the Ray Charles. I had a mail yesterday to say they had been shipped. Then today I was told they are “undeliverable” and I have been refunded. Gah! What’s weird is that they both show as available and in stock from amazon. So I’m really confused at what’s going on.

Ordered mine from Amazon as soon as it was available. It looks like they still have it in stock.

Finished the album. Absolutely excellent. Fantastic and interesting music and the sq is superb. Flat pressing with no clicks or pops. A slight intrusion of tape noise but no problem. My second treat this week. My first was the arrival of One Flight Up, which is also excellent

5 Likes

Evidently :wink:
:heart:

Hope you have better luck with the pressing, if it’s the red vinyl.
See my conversation with @Graeme earlier

Coincidentally, a few packages arrived today including…(drum roll…tshhh)

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels - Tone Poem

The first of new recordings given the Tone Poet treatment.
Just an observation, this comes tightly shrink wrapped instead of the usual and preferable poly sleeve.
Expensive? Depends on your view, worth it? Absolutely in my view.

Off to get second jabbed, so packages to open on my return if hopefully I’m not knocked for six like last time and my arm too sore to operate the cue arm on the gramophone :joy:

5 Likes

Fair enough, we all like a bargain, personally though lifes too short to wait around in the hope that I might save a tenner, I feel very fortunate in this day and age not to be that hard up :wink:

7 Likes

Picked this up today after seeing a few forum members recommending it.
Amy Winehouse at the BBC.

10 Likes

Fantastic album!
I already have a really nice Alto Analogue pressing with tip on gatefold, so not sure I need to duplicate…I dont usually but…:joy:

1 Like

@Dynaudio1
I’m wondering if Charles Lloyd is holding his hands up there and exclaiming "nah! I’m not paying that! :joy:

1 Like

So back from the Darts Club…
Unboxing…
From Pure Pleasure Records, the Speakers Corner pressing of Donny Hathaway Everything Is Everything

And…yes I know I’ve become a sucker for the Music On Vinyl Reggae re issues, many of which I have, or have had, on LP or CD before but to have the opportunity to get these classics on nice fresh quiet quality Record Industry Pressings is hard for me to resist.
Yes, sourced from HiRes Digital, but so far (see previous posts) I’m enjoying them very much…
Toots & The Maytals - In The Dark

Scratch The Upsetter (Lee Scratch Perry) - Cloak And Dagger

Desmond Dekker & The Aces - 007 Shanty Town

One of the finest voices from the Ska & Rocksteady eras (and beyond) the great Alton Ellis - Mr Soul Of Jamaica

More Toots…Unplugged On Stawberry Hill

Weekend soon come!

4 Likes

I think you have just led me astray Doc…

2 Likes

Such a good album. Played it a few times now and keeps getting better.

1 Like