What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Unfortunately there’s noise on every cycle on a line of radius on side A, so replacement arriving tomorrow, hopefully a one off.

6 Likes

The album seems to be getting good reviews, so really looking forward to giving it a spin. Which vinyl version did you go for? Uh-oh - mine’s on its way, so now nervously waiting its arrival.

Straight black

2 Likes

Miles Davis - Blue Haze, Prestige OJC RE (1984)
I’ve been after this mid 50’s compilation for a while brought out after Miles’s triumphant appearance at Newport and am very happy to have found this 1984 OJC Reissue at a good price.

4 Likes

Very jealous Kev looks beautiful.

1 Like

OK, thanks, will report back on the Rough Trade bronze variant when it arrives.

Just out. Repress of Matthew Halsall Fletcher Moss Park. His best album imho. Very quiet and flat pressing.

Great modern British Jazz

5 Likes

I’ve just arranged for redelivery on Tuesday I’m really looking forward to this .

Cool Struttin’ - Sonny Clark - Blue Note (Classic Vinyl Series)

Pre order.

6 Likes

Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds, Prestige OJC RE (1991)

Finally found a copy of this recommended reissue from 1991 still sealed for £18.99.

41XCE93FDEL.AC

1 Like

How was it Kev?

Fabulous Dave. Sound/vinyl is great, the package is a thing of beauty and the accompanying essays and contremporary reviews and adverts fascinating. It’s overpriced, but still worth having, if you get my drift.

1 Like

Excellent Kev. It does look rather special and I’m pleased to hear it sounds great too :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Reissue on the excellent Elemental Records.

5 Likes

2nd copy completely OK :slightly_smiling_face:

Just got back from my first restaurant lunch in gawd knows how long, and having dodged a biblical downpour, arrived home to find a package from Diverse Vinyl: the Pure Pleasure pressing of Ornette Coleman’s The Shape Of Jazz To Come, and the Third Man version of Trout Mask Replica . Result!(thanks for the heads up @steviebee)

9 Likes

Both great albums, Kev.
Trout I think sounds mighty fine.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Cult Of Luna The Beyond
There’s just something about this genre of ‘metal’ (is it Sludge, Doom? I dunno)…

Heavy, light with shade, vocals as sound effect - can’t hear lyrics - but blimey, it does make me smile. Imagine Pink Floyd done by troglodytes. Bloody superb.

I blame Isis’ Oceanic… that really took hold of me and made me like this stuff. Not to mention Earth 2 or Sunn 0))). Or maybe I’ll blame Blue Cheer back in 68…predisposed me.

Along with:
The great CAN Future Days
I have this mastering already on black vinyl, and my old beloved UK first press
I don’t care
It’s FUTURE DAYS
One of my all- time favourites. Hell, I’d probably probably buy it in sandwich form if one was ever made. UTTERLY WONDERFUL.

2 Likes

Orrible, that’s what it is! (Just joking)
:heart:

1 Like