What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Record shops and other retail outlets just opened up yesterday after four and a half months so it was great to visit my local store in south Dublin this morning.

The TFF LP is the 2020 re-master and the Black Keys is the standard black edition - the special coloured vinyl was almost double the price!

Peter

5 Likes

Thanks to @Buster for bringing this to my attention, listened to it on Spotify a few times but couldn’t get it on vinyl but now I have it.
It’s superb.
Foot tapping and head banging, great.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Ignore my previous reply Kev, I hadn’t realised until reading this post that TMR was still available at Diverse. Rough Trade cancelled and ordered via Diverse! Many thanks.

1 Like

Added HD from Amazon and Jazz at the Pawnshop 2. Also ordered the vinyl of 1 but 2 is 72 pounds!

Legendary LP, the original Proprius label pressing used to be used quite a lot as a “HiFi” test record IIRC
:heart:

1 Like

You found number 2 at £72? Well, I found it at £76, you got a bargain there :smiley:
Some one is trying to sell Jazz at the Pawnshop 2 on CD at Amazon for £68.69.
I wish them luck.

1 Like

There having a laugh!

Indeed they are.

1 Like

Have you tried Discogs?

@TheKevster @steviebee
Just arrived cheers Guys
Even before I’ve de shrinked it I can see what you mean about the package

5 Likes

It’s a beauty @Dread that’s for sure

1 Like

Went to my local record store and found this original pressing from 1977- mint condition- £4.00. Been through my record cleaner and is as silent as any new vinyl that I have recently purchased. Very pleased- a great album, great production, and really shows off what Naim amplification does so well.

13 Likes

Wow, looks gorgeous!
I’m tempted to get the vinyl set I must say.
The CD is nice (a shrunk version, sizewise), but I always was a fool for an LP!

1 Like

I recall that CoL - The Beyond - having a different cover altogether. Is that an EP? The Watchtower is a great track to hum along…:sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s a reissue Tony, and yes the cover has changed from the first 2003 release - I don’t know why. The original is better:
download (2)

1 Like

Hi Simon

I picked up a copy of David Gray - Skellig yesterday. I’m enjoying the album, a nice follow up to the excellent Gold in a Brass Age.

There’s a lot of crackle in the left channel. Visually the record is clean. I take it yours is ok?

Here is an audio recording of a snippet from the second track on side A:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wJLP9peEr53bGWnruhguzRABLZLDahYc/view?usp=drivesdk

Cheers, Ian

Yes, mine is clean & crackle free

Cool thanks I’ll take it back. Bugger, I hate the waste it generates!

1 Like

5 Likes