What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

The dreaded non fill strikes again! Hope you have better luck with a replacement
:heart:

1 Like

That Steven Wilson is a great album. Watch the £10,000 box set video, about the fan who bought the exclusive, one only, £10,000 box set (donated to charity). Someone posted a YouTube link on this forum, it’s cool.

Ah thanks, now I know what non fill means!

1 Like

Or similarly…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a great little doco. As much as I loved porcupine tree I really think SW is finding his groove with his solo stuff. The more pop production somehow feels really subversive…

1 Like

Just arrived from Craft Recordings - my favourite ever jazz vocal album. It’s arrived 10 days early, not that I’m complaining, of course.

Cannot WAIT to hear this later!

9 Likes

Nice one! I have a nice German Ars Analogue pressing and been wondering if I can resist this new Craft one.
Be very interested in your thoughts once you’ve had time to play it
Cheers

Received this today, ZZ Top, Tres Hombres.

9 Likes

Had not been to local record store in a while. Stopped in after lunch over the weekend and the main collector for the store said he located and has been holding a record I requested for a few months. There is literally zero surface noise and the sound is fantastic. One of the cleanest and quietest albums I now own.

13 Likes

Elgar’s Cello concerto by Jacqueline Du Pre

ASD 655 Elgar Cello Concerto / Sea Pictures / Jacqueline Du Pre / Barbirolli mom

10 Likes

Time for the update…

Thankfully my copy is free from the “scratch” like sounds found by some (particularly on tracks A2, A3 & A4).
Disappointingly there’s something else this LP doesn’t have, and that is dynamics. It sounds squashed and muddy. It sounded similar when streamed on Amazon Music HD on the bedroom system last Friday. Granted the system only got powered up this morning after the recent glut of thunderstorms but it’s usually a tad bright when first powered up.
Ho hum.

1 Like

Great record and a nice Japanese pressing too.

1 Like

4 Likes

Did you get a coloured vinyl, dull and muddy is exactly how I described it.

I admit it, I gave in!
Sheer curiousity as to how good this new compilation sounds compared to the originals, and yes, I’m a sucker for tan/orange and that cover photo!

My thanks to the Forum, and spesh @TheKevster for reawakening my ears to Nancy ( I also owe you another beer for Bobbie Gentry! )

10 Likes

I think you’ve been lucky to bag one, the vinyl seems to be a bit of a hens tooth to get hold of

Yep, red vinyl.

1 Like

Just picked up today from my best ever record store. The Teskey Brothers, wonderful analog recordings. authentic take on blues and ’60s Motown, complete with Stax swagger and Memphis horns. Josh Teskey’s whiskey-soaked vocals summon the spirit of Otis Redding ( Half mile harvest )

3 Likes

If you can get a clean one, the Black does sound better (as others have also found)
Anyway, I’m finding for me with repeated listening it’s not standing up as well as his previous albums so I’ve decided not to bother and just streaming for now.

To be honest I haven’t REALLY liked anything he’s done in 10 years, possibly longer. There’s the odd shining light but nothing like the first 4 albums. One day I’ll stop buying just to keep the collection up to date.
Maybe.

1 Like