What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I ordered this 5 minutes ago.
Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

@Dashing
I can’t play my copy until I’ve put up the new shelf for the Linn, but as the original recordings (most of em) were pretty damn beautiful, I have high hopes!

Enjoy yours!

1 Like

Thanks. Just had an email from Diverse Vinyl, they’ve completed the order so should be here in a couple of days. I also have One Flight Up by Dexter Gordon coming at the same time. Another one recommended by forum members.

Just got home and that lovely chap from the Royal Mail has been
From Diverse Vinyl…
Speakers Corner pressing of Ornette Coleman - The Shape Of Jazz To Come

:heart:

6 Likes

Let us know what you think, Dread. I think it’s superb!

1 Like

And from Juno records…
I’ve bought a few of the latest Thin Lizzy mastered@finyltweek re issues to replace my missing originals and found them quite worthwhile, this is the last one on my list
Live & Dangerous (not too impressed with the sleeve on this one though, looks like a rather blurry scan especially on the photos)

And another of the so far very acceptable MOV classic Reggae re issues
Aswad - A New Chapter Of Dub

3 Likes

Will do, I have another vinyl re issue of unknown origin, cant remember might be a Rhino? (Edit: it is)
Whatever, I’m expecting the pedigree of the new SC pressing to trounce it.
Wont really get to hear it properly until the weekend, due to my work I tend to conk out early on a school night.
I put a record on and next thing I wake up a couple of hours later to clunk… clunk…clunk…clunk…:joy:

2 Likes

@TheKevster
Btw I pre ordered the Craft Abbey Lincoln
Resistance is futile

1 Like

[Laughs fiendishly]

3 Likes

Yup, I too took a bite of that particular apple…

2 Likes

@Richard.Dane

4 Likes

Kris Drever - Where The World Is Thin
Comes with a CD, so I’ll do a comparison later.
Mastered at Abbey Road, flat, decent liner.

1 Like

Just arrived from Jazzland Records – Bre, the second album by Tortusa. Ethereal Sandi-jazz, featuring Eivind Aarset and Arve Henriksen, among many others…

Another R&B Soul album from The Teskey Brothers. Run Home Slow

3 Likes

I’ve been gently trying some jazz and I’d seen this Dexter Gordon album posted quite a bit recently. I gave it a try online and liked it, especially the track Tanya. So I ordered the Tone Poet release and it arrived today. Looking forward to playing it.

10 Likes

Jazz is quite addictive in as much as the more you listen to it and the more you understand it the more you want to listen to it and understand it.

3 Likes

The 50th box.

Have to say (gullible, much?), I bought it pretty much based on a review that raved about an unreleased Neil guitar jam on Crosby’s Almost Cut My Hair. Any NY guitar freakout is fine by me.

That, and that Hoffmanites say it’s the best this album has ever sounded (so my first pressing may take a hike to Flashback).

6 Likes

I’m not sure I’ll ever understand or appreciate some of it! But I am finding that there is something there for me and I’m enjoying exploring what is, largely, a new genre of music for me. Being able to check out stuff online is a great help in finding what appeals to me.

2 Likes

Roger Waters - Amused To Death. Until recently, I hadn’t bothered with any of Roger’s solo work, but I’d noticed that he seemed quite popular with forum members. I decided to buy the recent Us and Them album which is excellent, so I’ve taken the plunge with this one.

10 Likes

Finally went for this Curtis box set I have Roots and Curtis but these are later reissues and not the best and a decent copy of Sweet Exorcist and Back to The World will cost the price of this box set alone.

10 Likes