What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Golly this is good.

Floating Points Pharoah Sanders and the London Sympony Orchestra, it cost a bit more than I’m used to spending, recommended by a work mate to ‘just go and buy it’ before the local shop sold out… No regrets

3 Likes

Just received these three records familiar to followers of this thread.

11 Likes

It’s a wonderful set Bob with great sound too.

1 Like

Oh yes… that is a great song. On a great album. Albeit one I’m not quite ready to drop what they are asking for it.

Yep, my favourite song on the album.
Letting my freak flag fly!

Stereo will be back up running this evening, so we’ll see how the alternate take is…

@TheKevster
Playing it now, absolutely agree its superb.
Typically clean Pallas pressing (a pity more labels dont use Pallas, consistently excellent cant say I’ve ever had a duffer).
And the mastering, well to think this master tape is 62 years old, it’s amazing, great job by Kevin Gray.
To anyone curious, recommended without hesitation!
:heart:

1 Like

It’s good isn’t it? My favourite track, Darn that dream. Wonderful

Yes it is. It’s inspired me to try some more Tone Poet releases.

1 Like

What’s the SQ/pressing of the Black Keys like?
(Neat Arcam Alpha 6 there by the way👍)
Cheers
:heart:

1 Like

Jazzman Spiritual Jazz Vol. XII (Impulse) - Jazzman Records

3LP BOX SET.

It’s nice and clean, on my system it sounds very good but bear in mind my dealer says the Arcam is probably struggling to drive my speakers. I’m saving up for an SN3.

1 Like

@anon39880737

I have to say the Chris Bellman cut of the 50th Deja Vu is really excellent (haven’t got to the CDs yet).
Almost Cut My Hair is the best I’ve ever heard it.
Even the soppy Nash tunes sound good.

I am impressed.

Bloody hell, pressing fault on side 2 - and back it goes…humph…

Oh no! Hope the replacement is ok.

Thanks @anon39880737

Arriving tomorrow or Monday.
I’ll let you know!

Fault aside, very, very good SQ.

Nice arrival from Recordstore.co.uk yesterday – a Miles triple album, and a Dylan that I didn’t have. Five slabs of vinyl for £38 inc postage, which isn’t bad…

7 Likes

@anon39880737

Just to finish off: second copy of DJ is perfect, phew.

Neil’s Country Girl is up there with Almost…. I had forgotten how good it was.

Our House is still a bit cringy, although I suspect I was more romantic and misty when I first heard it on release!

1 Like

Released on Craft Recordings pre order.

2 Likes

Snap! Picked up a copy this evening:

6 Likes

Me too. An excellent album. It was only released here last Friday but I’ve been listening to it on Spotify in anticipation.

8 Likes

I found an old copy at our local. The cover is very tatty but the record is actually in very condition. $10 (£5).

7 Likes