What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Just looking and Scott Nangle are taking pre orders for the 45rpm £149 stating that shipping will be within 2021.

Which is a bit strange seeing as no date has even been given for the manufacture of this issue yet let alone a release date.

1 Like

I would never trust that guy. Ever.

3 Likes

A quick google shows that UK VAT will be payable at 20% but because the goods are worth less than £135 then no import duty will be charged so perhaps another £20.

1 Like

Nice one Kevster, thanks for that. Have placed an order.

1 Like

Might not be so good if your unlucky, get a dud and need to return it?
:heart:

I’ve seen Scott Nangle mentioned a few times before, not bought anything, can I ask what the issue is?
Thanks

I’ve never bought or heard any UHQR records.
Taking Kind Of Blue as an example (or any other UHQR) could anyone explain how UHQR subjectively sounds better than other well regarded pure AAA masterings pressings.
I understand the blurb of how their manufactured, I’m interested to understand what listeners are hearing in the the actual sound.
I’m also struggling to understand how QRP could realistically hand press and inspect 25,000 individual copies as claimed.

FWIW, I’ve always had great service from Scott. His prices are keen, packaging excellent, and on the only occasion where something went a bit awry with a delivery he was quick to send out another package and even added some nice LP covers to apologise for the inconvenience. If you order LPs in stock then you’ll get them usually within a week. However, if an LP has to be ordered in then like any independent he’s at the mercy of the distributors and it can sometimes take a while. Best not be too impatient, but if you do have queries he’s usually quick to respond. Anyway, that’s my experience, and I’ve bought quite a bit from him in the last few years.

2 Likes

Went to the bakery and found these latest additions to my vinyl beginners’ collection on our doorstep when I returned.

Rex’ vinyl #39

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Pressing 2021 / UHQR

The other one is for a friend, sharing postage and customs.

4 Likes

My experience with Mr. Nangle was the exact opposite of Richard’s. I ordered from him for the first and last time a couple of years ago. I ordered an in stock MoFi release and to be fair, it arrived quickly and was well-packaged. Unfortunately, one of the discs was damaged and it was here that the problems began. I requested a return of the faulty record for a replacement but was told one was not available; I therefore advised I would like a refund. I was asked to return the record, which I did, Royal Mail Recorded/Signed for. Scott was apparently not home when delivery was attempted and the tracking advised that the standard missed delivery note had been posted through his door and the record returned to the PO. I heard nothing, so chased. Apparently, he was ‘too busy’ to go and get it (though could have just requested a re-delivery). Long story short, the record ended up being returned to me. I finally got my refund 3 months later after running out of patience and advising him that I would be down his way the following weekend to meet an old mate, who happens to be an ex-Royal Marine, and would be delighted to ‘pop round’ to get it in person. The refund did not include either my original return postage nor the second return costs I incurred through Hermes. A stressful and unpleasant experience not to be repeated.

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

Added this to the UHQR version for more casual listening to my vinyl beginners’ collection.

Rex’ vinyl #40

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Pressing 2010 / Legacy USA

3 Likes

Finally, one of my all time favorite go to albums. I was waiting for this 2021 QRP release, as the 200gr version 2015 was priced very steep online. This version is 180gr, reasonably priced and can’t wait to give it a spin!

Rex’ vinyl #41

Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters
Pressing 2021 / Analogue Productions 180

4 Likes

:rofl::+1:
May be worth pointing out that under UK consumer laws, the vendor cant insist on the buyer incurring cost of return postage if returning faulty goods.
I always use a credit card as well as faulty goods/services can be claimed back from the card issuer (in the UK under Consumer Credit Act) but I digress…

2 Likes

Just spotted the “limited edition” on the sticker. There are apparently 25,000 copies being pressed

1 Like

But still no P8…Imagine you receive your P8 and don’t like so much the lp listening experience. I am joking, however it may happen. Recently @NO-QUARTER sold his Rp10 , after a 1 year purchase.
But i am sure you will like, specially as you listen to a lot of jazz from the 60’s and 70’s. They sound so much real on a turntable.

1 Like

I had the same, but 45 pm. Analogue pro or MOFI, I don’t remember. The sound is terrific!

1 Like

Ha, there he is! I was waiting for you to pick up on this FR :sunglasses:

The P8 was briefly here yesterday. With a ground issue in the arm… new one is on the way and the dealer will give it a new go tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just have a look at his TrustPilot page Dread - that’ll tell you everything you need to know. I’ve never ordered from him myself, but everyone I know who has, has had a complete nightmare. The guy doesn’t seem to know how to be upfront or communicate.

Also, taking pre-orders for a 45rpm edition that hasn’t even been confirmed by AP/AS yet, let alone been given a release date, seems the height of dodginess to me. Not sure Chad would be too pleased about that, unless this Mangle guy knows something that nobody else does.

3 Likes

Dread, these are cut from Bernie Grundman’s plates using a new type of vinyl that’s said to be the best ever, because it’s super quiet and brings out more detail from the stamper. Fremer and Michael of 45 RPM Audiophile both say it’s the best KoB they’ve ever heard. I believe them.

QRP have been hand-pressing pressing these on that Finebilt for months already, and will do for a while yet. They are going out in six batches throughout the year. so perfectly feasible to do it, even if each one takes 90 to 120 seconds each.

1 Like

Perhaps because he knows that you’re a famous person of some influence, he treats you better than other mere mortals Richard… :wink:

3 Likes