What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks @Dreadatthecontrols

Have you come across L.A.B? New Zealand reggae group. I’ve just picked up their third and fourth albums. Very big here. Cruisy South Pacific summer sounds.

2 Likes

I havent, no will deffo check them out. I do love Fat Freddys Drop though from the same neck of the woods I believe, got a few albums of theirs
:heart:

1 Like

Yeah Fat Freddies Drop are an excellent group

Lots of crossover between the personnel in these groups too

2 Likes

Great Live, too!

1 Like

Mmm thanks, haven’t come across this before. I’ve been a fan of the Dandy Warhols for a long time, I see there is a track by then on it.

Another credit card hit coming right up :slight_smile:

Miles Davis, live Jazz Jamboree, Poland, 1988. NM. Rare record.
On delivery soon.

2 Likes

On Pre Order remastered by KG.

4 Likes

The funkiest trombone you’ll ever hear.

Hiroshi Suzuki - CAT, We Release Jazz (2021)

4 Likes

Two more from the Tone Poet series:

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - The Witch Doctor

Curtis Amy - Katanga!

Dark shiny album covers are really hard to photograph well.

8 Likes

Taylor Swift - Evermore (2020)

Frida Hyvönen - Dream Of Independence (2021)

John Norum - Total Control (1987) 2021 reissue

1 Like

Looks like a great weekend coming up. All three arrived this week in mint condition. The scene is set :notes: :musical_note: :notes:

9 Likes

Take them out of the poly :+1:

1 Like

Which label is reissuing this one Bob?

I agree, the poly doesn’t help, but they’re still dark shiny covers. Reflections are the main problem, and my iPhone trying to achieve 18% grey (or was that just film cameras) is another.

1 Like

I just turn the flash off, it’s usually good enough for our purposes, anyway just pulling your leg, fine records enjoy

1 Like

First album bought after receiving the P8, now 40+ hours in after 2 weeks, another Herbie and Freddie collaboration.

Rex’ vinyl #42

Herbie Hancock - Takin’ Off
Pressing 2019 / Blue Note 80 Vinyl Edition

3 Likes

BMG are doing it Richard, on 13th August. Kevin Gray did the cut.

2 Likes

To add to my Hubbard collection, a must have for me. This Pure Pleasure version was not my first choice, but a good bargain. The gatefold looks very nice, pressing is solid and clean. Would have preferred the Bernie Grundman ORG version as I have the sublime Red Clay from ORG Music as well, but prices were too steep for now.

An odd collection of songs from an also odd range of composers, but very Freddie, very funky, jazzy, 70s, sometimes giving it a feel of film noir or 007 settings. Airto Moreira and George Benson help a lot with that mix. Highly recommended!

Rex’ vinyl #43

Freddie Hubbard - First Light
Pressing 2017 / CTI 6013 - Pure Pleasure Records

5 Likes

Thanks Kevin. I can find it for sale on the BMG Soundonvinyl site, but there’s no info on it, re mastering, cutting etc…

Given how quiet the music is on this recording, the manufacturing is going to have to be of the very highest standard or it won’t pass muster. Would be interested to know - when you find out who’s making it - if you think it’s worth a punt on vinyl.