What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

It’s fine Ian – a couple of tracks are underpowered, but great if you’re a Suzi Q fan…

cheers Kev

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ve just had an update on my AP Kind of Blue shipping date is now 11/12/2021.

Which is no surprise and I don’t mind waiting hopefully it won’t be as long as my Bob Marley JA press Catch a Flame which I bough last October and is now shipping 13th of September.

The dead wax indicates its cut by Kevin Gray
:heart:

Springsteen - The Album Collection Vol 2 1987-1996

All lps sound great and are all better than the USA originals. The pressing quality though is terrible on some. There’s small pieces of debris that’s scratched the vinyl. Googling this, it seems I’m not alone.

Pink Floyd - Live At Knebworth.
Sounds fantastic (as all Floyd does) and faultless pressing.

The Doors - Morrison Hotel - 45rpm Analogue Productions.
I’ve had the others Doors 45rpm for years, but this one needed to be added for ocd. Perfect pressing and sounds great as the others do.

6 Likes

Jazzman Jigsaw anyone?

They should have put this out during lockdown

20210701_191333

1 Like

Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage, Blue Note Classics (2021) Pre Order

7 Likes

Most likely boring for a lot, as it is not obscure enough, but I was hoping for a Tone Poet of this one, one of my favorite albums. I will also buy this Classic in September.

Tone Poets are reserved for lesser-known BN jewels, Rex – as Maiden Voyage is one of the most famous of all Blue Note albums I rather doubt it will become a TP. But as a Classic it’ll be just as good soundwise, it won’t have the fancy tip-on sleeve.

1 Like

It was a MMJ release, so just had a small bit of hope :sunglasses:

I will be getting the TP Hubbard - Breaking Point! release hopefully later this year!

You can buy the Analogue Productions 2X 12 ‘’ . But the price, ouch!

Picked up a few bits from an actual record store today.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard, or even thought of if I’m honest, Morcheeba in years, but their latest, Blackest Blue, is pretty damn sweet. Signed copy courtesy of the river. How could I not…

It’s good to hear Skye and Ross again.

8 Likes

From the last two visits to local record shops this week and the last:

7 Likes

Ordered these today, arrival estimate of tomorrow. Probably just in time to power down for the forecasted thunderstorms …

2 Likes

Is that the Pure Pleasure Hooker And Heat? It’s very good :+1:

Yes it is, I should have stated that really. Had some great Pure Pleasure/Speakers Corner stuff lately.
The Bobby Gillespie is Sony BMG.

1 Like

:+1::+1:

Already had this, bought when it first came out. But this is legit!

4 Likes