What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Acoustic Sounds Series arrived today

Sonny Rollins - On Impulse

Oliver Nelson - Blues And The Abstract Truth

(Sorry for the poor pictures)
:heart:

7 Likes

So disappointed with this (Ethiopian And His Allstars) as it was a lovely package, bought a second copy and both LP’s on both sets horribly warped.
Looks like they’ll be going back and substituted for the beer mat edition
:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Vinyl, CD and DVD boxset, bargain at £30 from Discogs

Fun while it lasted, just dropped it while turning over and badly scratched first 3 tracks of first side. Grrrrrr

3 Likes

Thats a terrible shame looks a nice box set😥

1 Like

Gutted and so mad with myself for not being careful.

4 Likes

Picked this up today, Kaleo, Surface Sounds. I believe they’re an Icelandic band.

3 Likes

Are those tracks on the CD though?

Aargh! I feel your pain.

1 Like

Last time (the only time as far as I recall) I dropped a record whilst turning it over, i thought it had just caught the glass on the top shelf of the Fraim. A while later I realised it had taken a slice out of the edge of my two month old LP12 plinth. That cost £1300 to replace!

1 Like

Ouch!

2 Likes

Yes, but it’s not the same. 1st world problem…

Nightmare!
:heart:

Joni Mitchell

PF Animals remastered Bobbie

5 Likes

If you’re not aware, this is their follow-up to the highly successful album A/B (released 2016) – which is a very good IMV.

If you listen to A/B, a lot of the tracks have been sampled for TV and adverts.

I’m awaiting the CD of SS’s landing any day now.

1 Like

Thank you, no I wasn’t aware. I just bought this on spec. It’s 3 sides at 45 rpm, the 4th side being etched.
I’ve had to clean side two, three times, the last track , My Fair Lady was very noisy on the left channel only. It’s a lot better but probably needs another clean.

Regards

There’s quite a lot of comment on Amazon about the poor quality of the vinyl offerings - I hope you’re not another victim.

A/B was so successful that it’s a classic case for many of ‘how do you follow that’ and 2nd-album syndrome.

1 Like

Side 1, a touch of snap, crackle and pop between tracks, side 2 as I’ve said previously but side 3 completely silent.
I going to keep it.

Easily done, especially at parties…

1 Like

Abbey Road half speed master… :grinning:

5 Likes

Only played Mule Variations but the opening track “Big in Japan” blew me away and sounds amazing, haven’t played Alice yet but hopefully as good, both remastered copies and Alice you can pick up for under £15 on river

2 Likes