What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

To complete the Getz samba albums I desire, bought myself a NM copy for a good price. The speakers corner edition might once replace it in the future, but those are priced too steep and the SQ of this french pressing is very good.

What a nice record!

Rex’ vinyl #47

Stan Getz & Louis Bonfa - Jazz Samba Encore!
Pressing 1986 / Verve V6-8523 / France

5 Likes

We often exchange vinyl across the garden wall. Unfortunately our wives have deciphered our code. ie it was preordered, it was on special offer, it’s a limited addition. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Kiefer - When There’s Love Around, Stones Throw (2021)

you can’t beat a bit of Creedence

1 Like

Really? Haha brilliant! I thought you were joking being gifted Motorhead & Iron Maiden by your neighbour!
Love it!
:heart:

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go. RSD 2021.

Third time lucky!!

First copy had lots of non-fill on side two as documented elsewhere in this forum. Second copy had a large scratch spanning three tracks. Both had a warp, and both went back to from where they came.
This copy is pan flat, centred and has less than a handful of clicks on it. I’m very happy with this one and will keep it.

Looking forward to a non-critical listen tonight.

7 Likes

Flight Of The Conchords I Told You I Was Freaky / 2009 Sub Pop / Purple US LP / SP800

5 Likes

Getz could accompany himself with gifted musicians, and so he did on this wonderful album with Chick Corea and Ron Cater a.o. recorded at RvG Studio.

A very nice NM German 1967 pressing with a nice sleeve considering the age and price I paid.

Rex’ vinyl #48

Stan Getz - Sweet Rain
Pressing 1967 / Verve V6-8693 / Germany

3 Likes

This record has been on my list for a long time. Some feel it cheaply overuses the then so popular wah wah, I feel the album name alone justifies just that. I absolutely love this one!

Rex’ vinyl #49

Buddy Rich - The Roar Of ‘74
Pressing 1974 / Vogue LDM 30269 / France

6 Likes

A couple of new Pure Pleasure re-releases from the Strata-East vaults: two Charles Tolliver Music, Inc. live albums.

2 Likes

Leon Bridges - Gold Diggers Sound, Columbia (2021)

2 Likes

These are interesting Kev… Can you tell us more about once you listen to them?

1 Like

51fU3SvpiIL.SY355
Lenny/Vienna Phil - Mahler Sym. 5
I have a reissue CD and sounds wonderful. So curious to hear if this vinyl pressing is any better.
Rachel Podger Vivaldi 4 Seasons
I really don’t need any more 4 seasons but I like Rachel. :slight_smile:

This was a wonderful gift from my friend.

8 Likes

Sounds excellent.

5 Likes

@mojo_65 – Listened to volume 1 last night. Absolutely stellar performances by the musicians, especially Tolliver and Cowell. Good SQ as well (as ever with Pure Pleasure’s reissues of Strata East albums, which were always superbly recorded).

2 Likes

Very tempting !.. Do I live with my Mosaic Select or do I try the LPs?

The ‘Live at Loosedrecht’ needs to be acquired first though from PP.

Good to hear Kev…
I crossed fingers it was deceiving… :pensive: my wallet is mad at me… Hard time for vinyl lovers :woozy_face:

1 Like

Couple of new arrivals on the Montreux Jazz label…

3 Likes

Got the same two records yesterday. :grinning:
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like