What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Black Pumas - Black Pumas (2019)

Curtis Harding - Soul Power (2015)

2 Likes

Two great albums to start the Saturday night spin up :top:

4 Likes

Bought The Beatles, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band today from HMV in town, and also had a delivery from Diverse Vinyl of Yello, Motion Picture.

7 Likes

Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet

Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup

14 Likes

Love Goats Head Soup very underrated Stones LP.

1 Like

I went into my local HMV and was quite surprised at the prices I’ve not been in one for a couple of years and I’d say prices for a standard LP have almost doubled.

Ordinary bog standard releases that where between £15 and £20 are now all £27 and above Paul Weller’s Other Aspects a triple LP was £29 on release it’s now £49 and single Tone Poets are £39.

I’m going to have to invest in a decent CDP at this rate.

3 Likes

Yes, I do agree with you. At the present time, I purchase most of my records online. HMV is my only local record shop where I can flip through the albums, which I enjoy immensely. It takes me back.

1 Like

Yes of course one of favourite my pastimes too Record Fairs are my favourite.

Chet Baker with Åke Johansson Trio - Live in Sweden, Dragon Records (1984)

Recorded at Jazzclub Nefertiti, Gothenburg. September 29th, 1983.

A really nice live recording with Chet standing in with Åke Johansson’s Trio some exceptionally good piano playing by Åke especially on Lament and Charlie Haden’s - Ellen David. I’ve been looking out for a reasonably priced copy since I came across it a few years ago so happy to add it to my collection now.

4 Likes

S/H 1968 repress…

5 Likes

Just been to HMV in Canterbury for the first time in a year. Prices have definitely increased as you point out. Last year it was two for £30 now it’s two for £40. They still have some bargains though.

Havent been in a HMV for quite a few years (the last time I had to return all the albums I bought) but from my experience I found they were often more pricey than others
:heart:

1 Like

Five LPs I picked up yesterday at Grammar School Records in Rye: two Ray Charles, a Lou Rawls, a 1978 Pointer Sisters and a Crusaders. All in very good nick.

10 Likes

That’s a good shop and a lovely historical town

2 Likes

Dexter Gordon Quartet - Something Different, SteepleChase (1980)

The something different is Phillip Catherine I suppose as Dexter played with Billy Higgins and Niels-HØP a lot on the SteepleChase label and Phillip Catherine always brings something of his own sound.

R-4200709-1378566447-8165.jpeg

4 Likes

Italian heavies Uzeda, and drone-y Japanese band, The Taj Mahal Travellers…

…oh, and some reading material about some new turntable or other!

7 Likes

Henrik Freischlader - Missing Pieces and Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth. Both records have an excellent sound quality.
Paul Weller - On Sunset. Very beautiful music. My first record from him. The SQ is a little lacking in brilliance. No difference to Tidal.

1 Like

After reading the good reviews on the “Best Live Album” thread I took a punt on this. So glad I did.

6 Likes

Good isn’t it?
I didn’t like it much on release, but glad I’ve come back to it again.

1 Like

Yo Stevie, didya get Laura Mvula Pink Noise yet? If so whatdya think?