What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

That Miles ‘Champions’ looked tempting but as already have the Jack Johnson CD box it would be a total indulgence. Would be interested in any opinions on the sonics.

PIL - Songs From The Heart boxset. Beautiful packaging and faultless pressings. Why can’t everyone produce this standard?

4 Likes

Nate Smith - Kinfolk 2, See The Birds (2021) Pre Order

Much anticipated follow up to Kinfolk (2017)

2 Likes

Likewise Richard - have ordered John Martyn “ church with no Bell” from Resident Records , thanks for mentioning their name

Not available down under so let’s hope it arrives Ok, I’ve been waiting for this album to come out on vinyl for a long time

1 Like

Theodore Lee Croker - Escape Velocity, MOV, RE (2021)

This excellent record from Trombonist Theo Croker originally released in 2016 and copies now fetch upward of £50 it is being reissued and is available on Pre Order.

19 Likes

Just bought the Bobbie Gentry. A bit of an excursion for me but it is very nice.

2 Likes

Careful, you may just need to buy her recent box set! It is excellent though

2 Likes

This really is a fantastic sounding album that blows the CD out of the water. So well pressed too.

2 Likes

Added this one. No qualms whatsoever about the sonics.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Paul Weller - Cosmic Fringes Remixes, Polydor (2021)

Uploading: 812Z76vsNWL.AC_SL1500.jpg…

1 Like

F.S.Blumm & Nils Frahm - 2x1 = 4.

1 Like

Matthew Halsall - Sending My Love RM,RE. Gondwana Records (2021)

Completing my Matthew Halsall collection.

2 Likes

Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about the difference in the sound quality of the new Dire Straits Brothers in Arms LP from Abbey Road studios, Half speed 45.rpm and the Mofi 45.rpm albums. It arrived last week after pre ordering it back in Feb. My wife picked it straight away and said it sounds tinny and flat compared to the Mofi versions. The Half Speed ones are nice and clean but do lack a bit of feeling, you could say they sound a bit digital. The Mofi versions sound less stressed and do have a lot more oomph. I noticed straight away I could feel the sound pressure wave hitting me listing to the Mofi versions. My other Abbey Road half speed albums like the new Bob Marley ones are absolutley fantastic musically. I would recommend the Mofi 45.rpm version of this album this time.

2 Likes

Does anyone know anything about a label called Run Out Groove US, any good?
Ta
:heart:

Hi Dread - interesting business model with upfront sales covering costs and, on the evidence of the Mingus At Carnegie Hall triple, very high production values and a great package.

Didn’t they recently do one of the Curtis Mayfield albums folk on the thread were enthusing about?

1 Like

Hi BC, I dont know about the Curtis Mayfield but I just saw the Mingus on Juno, thought it might be a public domain label?
:heart:

It’s been done in conjunction with Atlantic by the looks of it. Also stated thanks to Sue Mingus inside cover. Permissions seem to have been obtained. In any event isn’t 1974 still in copyright unless US laws are different.

1 Like

Sade - This Far.

After waiting for a few months, this box set has finally turned up. Half speed mastered at Abbey Road.

I’ve listened to all of it and it’s in good condition. All records are nicely flat, and there are some clicks and crackles occasionally but nothing to upset me. Diamond Life somehow sounds thin/light compared to my original LP, but better than my CD copy. All the other albums are as good as I’ve yet heard on any format.

If like me, you like Sade, this a worthwhile and enjoyable purchase, and I’m very pleased to have it in my collection.

9 Likes