What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

4 Likes

Arrival from Resident in Brighton - more Durutti and ACR.

1 Like

Thanks again BC, just got home and more time to look properly. As I said I just saw the label on Juno (sparking my curiosity) I didnt realise they are the company releasing limited editions based on customer votes (although I’m sure I recently came across another label doing exactly the same).
I’m guessing then that sources may be variable
Cheers
:heart:

I just picked up Herbie Hancock- Future Shock from Grammar School records in Rye too! Stayed a week on Mermaid Street - absolutely lovely place.

3 Likes

Minty s/h purchase… :grin:

4 Likes

I thought it was just me that didn’t rate the Abbey Road of Brothers In Arms.
I have the recent MoFi releases of Dire Straits and Communique and find them to be superb.

1 Like

I’ve been on the fence over whether to get the recent Joni Mitchell Reprise box set, but today I cracked. I’ve ordered it from the US as I prefer RTI pressings to Optimal and I think the US sleeves may be of higher quality too. Hopefully it will be here within the next few weeks…

11 Likes

I have never liked the sound of the CD version either but found that if you play it very loud it does improve quite a bit. I have yet to give the new Abbey Road version the same treatment.

Koreless - Agor. I just thought it was really interesting so I got it!

Next on the list is Dave Matthew’s band and tim Reynolds at Luther college. But it’s hella expensive.

2 Likes

I love the place too… Mrs Dread and I have spent a few very memorable lost weekends in a weird old Cottage on The Mint
:heart:

Just collected on the way to work. A surprise as I thought I’d ordered the CD set!

7 Likes

Really getting into this guy now. ( Late to Jazz for me, other than the well known)

and with a bonus cd with alternative takes. Fascinating to listen to the differences.

7 Likes

Opened the rest at work, a bit of a spree:

No idea re Lush…thought I’d try it!

8 Likes

I have Alarm Clock original. Great album.

1 Like

Paul Weller - Wake Up The Nation, Island Records RM,RE (2021)

10th Anniversary remaster on PRE ORDER released 20th August.

John Martyn - The Church With One Bell (RSD 2021)
Yes - Yes (used - minty looking)
Yes - The Yes Album (used - minty looking)

7 Likes

I’m a big fan of that Crusaders album Stevie. Is that a second hand purchase or a new reissue? If the latter, what is it and how does it sound?

2 Likes

It’s an original Blue Thumb US @KJC, used - sounds wonderful.

I’ve not heard (or indeed knew) of a reissue…I pretty much prefer originals, they have a ‘life’ to the sound that few reissues catch, IMHO…

Thanks Stevie. Fully agree on used original copies vs reissues at least 90% of the time. There are occasional exceptions, but it probably is about 1 in 10 at best I find. I’ll look out for a copy.

1 Like

What release do you have @KJC?

I tend to prefer US releases for US bands… it’s been a longstanding ‘passion’ of mine to buy US originals where I can find em.