What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Just picked up a vinyl copy of Bill Evans ‘Behind the Dikes’.

1 Like

New remaster version, sounds superb

8 Likes

…I need to stop hanging around this thread… :grimacing: my bank account does not understand…

1 Like

Cool, thought I’d ordered the full 6 but clearly didn’t press the button! Rectified.

Lips - I Don’t Know Why I Do Anything

I saw this band last night. Fantastic live act. Tight rhythm, layered sounds, great vocals.

Very cool indie pop group from NZ/New York.

Check out ‘Your Deodorant Doesn’t Work’ and ‘It Isn’t Anything I’d Rely On’.

Red vinyl to boot.

@anon4489532 don’t know why but had a feeling you might like this!

1 Like

Pre-order for October release. I’ve been hoping/wishing these LP reissues would happen at some point. Having heard the Shangri-la original LP at a demo in Leicester, I hunted online for a copy, but nothing much available and certainly nothing below three figures, even used. Sailing to Philadelphia is also a real favourite on digital, but I’m pretty sure it will gain a new dimension on Vinyl. Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Posted this very recently on the WYLT 2021

Another excellent next day delivery from Juno & Royal Mail, respect due that there still doing a great service with all the shortages caused by the current “pingdemic”

Cochemea - Vol2 Baca Sewa (Daptone)

The Dap-Kings’ electro-sax space warrior returns with a groove-heavy sequel to All My Relations, Vol. II: Baca Sewa, an expressive, transcendental voyage through the archives of his indigenous roots and beyond. Drawing on ancestral memories and family histories to wrap new flesh around the bones of history, this album is a bold, semi-autobiographical work that leads us deeper into the annals of family histories, mythology and the cultural imaginary.

“Baca Sewa” is Cochemea’s original family name prior to Spanish colonization. The melody was composed by Anthony Gastelum and features vocals and drumming by the Baca Sewa Singers- a group composed of several generations of family members. The album runs thick with sonic tributes and remembrances. “Chito’s Song” is a contemplative, ethereal tribute to a beloved uncle. “Curandera” conjures the memory of the irrepressible healing power of medicine women. “Black Pearl” recalls his great grandfather, heir to a legacy of indigenous peoples enslaved as pearl divers in the Sea of Cortez.

Leading a 7-piece ensemble composed of New York’s top percussionists and members of Daptone’s rhythm section, Cochemea has created his own world of emotional textures and rhythmic possibilities, a musical and spiritual synthesis made possible through his deep reverence of the horn and the music and traditions preceding him. Vol II: Baca Sewa - is an offering and continuation of Cochemea’s explorations, part of a musical process of cultural reclamation and healing through connection, relations, memory and imagination
:heart:

1 Like

Arrived here this morning :grinning:

Pioneers of the British music scene, ‘Blackest Blue’ will be the band’s 10th studio album in a discography that spans three decades. 2020 saw Morcheeba unable to tour or perform live, which gave Skye Edwards & Ross Godfrey “time to write songs and really get to hone them,” as Godfrey puts it. “There weren’t so many pressures so we could really take our time getting the songs right,” adds Edwards.

The result of this time is a refined 10 track album that fuses previous incarnations and sound of the band - such as downbeat, chill, electro-pop & soul - into one cohesive record that dives deep into the soul of the band’s genre-mashing musical heritage. As usual, the band didn’t approach the album with any pre-conceptions, and instead created an organic journey that represents everything great about Morcheeba.

Released May 14, 2021

2 Likes

I did the same about 15 odd years ago on my mint copy of Michelle Shocked’s The Texas Campfire Tapes. Evan now I’m still cross with myself! The pain doesn’t ease…

2 Likes

Popped into my local record shop and picked these up. I have Pablo Honey on cd but always wanted it on vinyl, although it is new the other two are used.
Both Ry Cooder and Thick as a Brick are in splendid condition. I’m particularly pleased with Thick as a Brick, as far as I can tell it looks like a real early copy, I think I got a bit of a bargain with it.

5 Likes

Just placed my pre order. It has just gone live online today in Australia to pre order. Now the long wait

1 Like

That Lou Rawls is a keeper.

1 Like

It looks like these are going to be half speed masters and play back at 45rpm.

17 Likes

The Mutt And Jeff remaster :wink:
:heart:

1 Like

There is also a 12" box set which was a bit expensive for me but might appeal to other ‘real’ fans of the band.

1 Like

19 Likes

I received this The Beatles 1 yesterday, lo and behold when I started playing it, my wife walked in and said “nudge up, I want to listen to this”. The first time ever that has happened. She’s a life long Beatles fan.

9 Likes

I did not know about this series, It looks interesting and I could not miss this old favorite of mine… Can’t wait to give it a spin :grin:

5 Likes

Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac (The Dustbin Album (2011))
Led Zep II (2014)

Both to replace long lost albums and to accompany my CD versions.

14 Likes