What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

A belated birthday gift and an album high on my want list. Solid, clean and clear German pressing in a nice quality matte gatefold.

Rex’ vinyl #51

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Pressing 2015 / Sony LC 1062

11 Likes

Great Remastering! :ok_hand: Excellent SQ​:+1:

1 Like

Delivery from The Ferryman

11 Likes

I disagree, I think those later Zep issues (remastered by Mutt And Jeff) are awful. I bought into them on LP, thought I would collect them all, stopped at Houses Of The Holy. Waste of money imo.
By a stroke of coincidence I just tried to stream the remastered IV on Tidal, same comment applies.
:heart:

2 Likes

Hope you didn’t pay him.

5 Likes

How’s that MoV issue of the Fleetwood Mac? I was thinking of getting Mr Wonderful to replace my original copy traded in for something else years ago. It is of course quite inferior to their first album.

The Bernie Grundman-mastered 100% analogue 200g Classic Records versions from the late 1990s and early noughties all sound brilliant, although they’re getting very expensive these days. Apparently Chad Kassem now owns the metalwork, so maybe he’ll reissue them all via Analogue Productions one of these days, if Jimmy lets him…

2 Likes

The MOV pressings have been recommended to me by my 3 LRS’s, and they seem to have a good reputation.

In term of pressing quality it’s very good. My copy is pan flat and has three very light clicks in total. No other defects that I can detect.

As for sound quality, I think it’s pretty good. To qualify that, my CD (Blue Horizon label) sounds slightly better, weightier, but my turntable is not as good as my CD player yet, something I will correct as funds allow.

I’m told there is a Blue Horizon vinyl issue due this year.

Not all were brilliant, sad to say, and overall I felt that the 180g issues were preferable to the 200g ones.

1 Like

Which ones didn’t you like?

I felt that the Peter Gabriel Classic Records reissues, for example, were not as good as some of the originals (especially the US Geffens of 3 and 4), and were pretty soundly beaten by the recent 45rpm reissues.

The 180g Living Stereo reissues I really liked but felt that they went backwards with the later 200g ones.

Ah! I think you misunderstood Richard! I was talking about the Led Zep Classic Records issues, all of which are excellent. I do agree though that overall Classic were a bit inconsistent.

1 Like

Yes, sorry Kev, I was referring to Classic Records overall output. The Zeps were excellent - wish I’d bought more than I did!

2 Likes

Yes I was really glad I managed to get all 11 of them when they came out. Someone sold a sealed PG for £700 the other day… :grimacing:

1 Like

Wish I’d never opened mine…

9 Likes

Console yourself with the fact that records are there to be played, to be enjoyed. Especially one as good as Physical Graffiti.

3 Likes

Yes, I kick myself for missing those. Actually I did buy a few from a shop in the North Laines Brighton but the pillock had them hanging in the window and they were all warped! :joy:

1 Like

MOV pressings are consistently top notch, done by Record Industry, source material may be variable but generally very good ime

Thanks, Graeme. I asked because I think the MoV releases can vary quite a lot. I understand that Blue Horizon is being resuscitated as a subsidiary of the US Fat Possum label, but I’m not sure whether they will have the rights to past releases.