What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Dazed and Confused, more like. :partying_face:

1 Like

Very nice. I have them all apart from TSRTS & BBC Sessions. I bought them as I didn’t have any of the original pressings and they are very good.

1 Like

All Things Must Pass (1970)

This Herbie is a must have in my jazz-funk collection. Head Hunters was a high for me where everything came together as a definite sound. Man-child capitalized on that sound, but an evolution is noticeable towards mid and late 70s. Great Herbie solos, great SC pressing, very nice record.

Rex’ vinyl #52

Herbie Hancock - man-child
Pressing 2013 / Speakers Corner Records / Columbia Sony PC 33812

5 Likes

Accompanied by Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, DeJohnette, Gale, these are two great live performances by Hubbard & Turrentine. Starting with Povo, the bass line live on stage is funky, thick, more heavy than in the studio and hypnotizing. Drum and piano solos on only 4 songs over 2 records are long, intense and wonderful.

Might have been called Hubbard/Turrentine/Hancock, as side 3 is without horns, but this is a CTI recording. Very happy to have bought this great SC pressing with high quality shiny gatefold.

Rex’ vinyl #53

Freddie Hubbard/Stanley Turrentine - In Concert Volume One & Two
Pressing 2018 / Speakers Corner Records / CTI 6044/49

5 Likes

4 Likes

To complete this weeks buying frenzy I treated myself to this great live outing in Japan. A flood that flows us through 3 great albums, from wonderful acoustic Maiden Voyage to mad plugged in jazz funk of the albums Head Hunters, Thrust & Man-child.

How lucky the few that were there, how lucky are we that Speakers Corner made this beautifully quiet solid pressing available in glossy gatefold with original booklet.

Rex’ vinyl #54

Herbie Hancock - Flood
Pressing 2015 / Speakers Corner Records / Sony SOPZ 98/99

3 Likes

This is an Australian master piece that will pull those heart strings like never before. Missy Higgins the sound of white. A great investment in musicality

1 Like

That was uncalled for. It’ll be weeks before that earworm leaves my brain now! Imbecile!

Same here :slight_smile:

The Kids Are Alright 2018 issue. The actual recording quality is not great, but the mastering and pressing are very good. Great music.

Morrison Hotel - 45rpm Analogue Productions. Sounds excellent.
51i-n9DmYaL.AC

Soft Parade - 45rpm Analogue Productions. Again, sounds excellent. These two Doors completes my 45rpm Doors collection, which I bought years ago.

9 Likes

No Van Morrison in my vinyl collection - just fixed that though

14 Likes

Do I assume that you are impressed with the quality of the recording? because if so Im in

1 Like

Porcupine Tree - House Of Blues… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

2 Likes

Paul Weller - Illumination, UMC/Concord Pre Order

3 Likes

Glad you said pre-order this time.

The quality is very good and the album gets better & better with each track being played. What a fantastic debut album from Missy Higgins.

1 Like

A great album from the Van the Man. Beautiful Vision and Wavelengths are also great albums.

1 Like

A nice delivery from Diverse Vinyl just arrived.

14 Likes

McCoy Tyner Expansions (Blue Note Tone Poet series)
A nice record and this is a nice re-issue. Well done BN TP team.

7 Likes