What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hmm…here I was thinking I was going to skip this one. I will put it back on the wish list!

Thanks Richard. A copy of this is on its way to me now. I don’t know the album, but the line up is obviously stellar and an RD ‘double’ recommendation for music and SQ is hard to resist!

1 Like

My copy of Oliver Nelson’s The Blues And The Abstract Truth turned up today. (Looks like it’s going to be a popular one on this forum). I’ve had a cd copy for a long time now, and I’m really happy to add this to my jazz record collection. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

7 Likes

My most recent purchases. Sadly, a bit of a poor show even from BN, though to be fair, it’s the first problem I’ve had with either of the current series.

The Grant Green is fine but the Kenny Burrell has more non-fill than actual vinyl; truly awful but a replacement is on the way.

The John Martyn is also being returned as the level of surface noise is easily audible above the music, even after three runs through my RCM. Very disappointing and no replacement is available.

Cheers,

Ian

3 Likes

Ian, what a shame re. the John Martyn. I was playing my copy just the other day and thinking how clean and noise-free the pressing seemed.

Having said that, I have a copy of the Kenny Burrell on its way, so fingers crossed…

Thanks Richard; I think I’ve just been unlucky. Fortunately, the John Martyn sounds very good from Qobuz via the ND555 - I will just have to console myself with that version!

Cheers,

Ian

My Kenny Burrell is probably going back too, very disappointed. Multiple issues with the the classic series :slightly_frowning_face:

Shame about the duffers you got. My copy of John Martyn is exceptional. If you still want a copy there are quite a few on discogs at retail prices.
Good to hear the Grant Green is OK, mine is on its way I hope.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Jack. As a relatively new convert to jazz, I’ve bought quite a few of the 80 and Tone Poet releases; this is only the second one I have had an issue with.
Typically though, it’s one I really want on LP and one I’ve not been able to get a good copy of previously.
Here’s hoping the replacement is up to the expected standard.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Graeme; I will have a look at Discogs.

Ian

Keith Hudson - Flesh of My Skin, RE VP Records Pre order.

4 Likes

Groundhogs - Hogwash
Groundhogs - Solid
Rolling Stones - Tattoo You

All original UK pressings.

1 Like

Just arrived today

2 Likes

Lucky to find a good copy of Tom Waits Raindogs in my local record store.

7 Likes

Lorde - Solar Power

6 Likes

Grant Green - Idle Moments.

10 Likes

Yoko. Love her.

4 Likes

3 new and 2 used

7 Likes

Got it replaced today, replacement is absolutely fine thank goodness, and sounds very nice too.

1 Like

A nice little haul of new vinyl from Action Records, Preston.

The Black Keys - Delta Kream. (Indies marble grey vinyl).
Lorde - Solar Power. (Indies orange vinyl).
Jade Bird - Different Kinds of Light (Indies orange vinyl).

1 Like