What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Gurli Octavia “i could be blossoming instead”. Fabulous album.

1 Like

These arrived this afternoon…

The Hendrix purple velvet boxset. Had the CD box but have been looking for the vinyl set with the fuzzy finish for ages…sounds wonderful. Happy as a clam with this.

This Heat, the Peel sessions from 1977, released under the title Made Available. Truly an original band. Includes The Fall Of Saigon which I always thought David Sylvian would’ve wished he had a hand in (he didn’t), and Makeshift Swahili - very PiL!

9 Likes

Freddie Hubbard - Ready for Freddie, Blue Note Pre Order.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Isobel Campbell - Milkwhitesheets
Enjoying her latest so came across this one in Roughtrade in Bristol for undear £14. Record inspired by the music of Shirley Collins, Jean Ritchie and Anne Briggs. comes in splatter vinyl but not very well captured. It looks amazing.

1 Like

Iirc it is pressed from the same mastering?
:heart:

The same metalwork, as done by BG all those years ago.

1 Like

Three great choices that are also getting a regular play in my system - particularly loving Delta Kream…

Yes that’s what I thought so as I’ve said when discussing this before I remain sceptical that the hand stamped “clarity vinyl” is going to make that big a difference. My Classic pressing is perfectly flat and silent and sounds great. I dont feel the need for another expensive copy and I’ve read quite a few disappointed punters who’ve recieved noisy pressings.
Just my view obviously

Likewise, really enjoying Delta Kream, but it is Solar Power which has surprised me the most. Very different in feel to her first two albums. The Jade Bird album sounds very good too (2x 45rpm LPs), but not quite as good as her first from the first couple of spins.

1 Like

Big :+1: for this. SQ is stunning. 4 dimensional production; depth, width, height & tone! Very nice indeed.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying my copy of this too, probably my most favourite Jazz album, up til now only had it on a CD so been eagerly anticipating this.
The Sonny Rollins On Impulse is worth checking too

2 Likes

A great day for music… My last raid on the web… :smiley:

3 Likes

I have Four but am waiting for my copy of Memories supposedly here on Friday. Have you had a chance to play them yet?

Not yet Bob, and I will only be able to do it next week. Four is new to me but Memories is one of my favorite records. I have the original Paddle Wheel release that I played countless times.
I have high expectations, honestly :crossed_fingers:
Next week I will post my impressions.
Anyway, whatever the pressing I am sure you will not be disappointed , Memories is great, an inspired Chet captured on a great evening… Enjoy :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe Four is from the same concert I have a double CD with both LPs released on the German Bellaphon label.

One of Chet’s best live performances such a shame he passed away less than a year after.

1 Like

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures.

This is to replace my beat up worn out copy on the right. Sadly this is (to the best of my efforts to pin it down) a first press copy. The new one is from the 2007 remaster, which to my ears is a bit thin and slightly faster than the original. Still, I’m happy to be able to play this album again, so I’m not complaining.

6 Likes

Record fair in the Royal Marine Hotel, last Saturday

All in good condition. The John Grant ones were Mint, along with Talk Talk, the Keaton Hensen was still sealed, and the Paul Simon (US Santa Maria Pressing, Gatefold sleeve) just needed a clean. But all were run through the Keith Monks RCM.

7 Likes

Arrived today.

15 Likes