What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

This one from Trunk…

1 Like

Having been mightily impressed by the AS Oliver Nelson, I thought I’d take a chance also on their Mingus reissue. Like the Nelson, I already have a copy of this (somewhere, lol) but I’m hoping the reissue will be similarly delicious.

3 Likes

I’ve had this on pre order since June or July but the release date has been put back for a 2nd time until October 27th.

1 Like

Ah, didn’t know that. Oh well, plenty of time to hunt out my old copy so I’m ready to compare the two…

Still haven’t done the comparison with Blues And….
The AS sounds so good I’ve just not bothered.

I’ll probably have to hand in my (Not So) Serious Collector badge!

1 Like

It will be my first copy so very much looking forward to it.

1 Like

It’s a goodie, @Bobthebuilder.

Have you heard Mingus At Carnegie too - the triple set is great. Another release I’ve not done a comparison with my old single album copy. Beginning to think I’m getting lazy!

1 Like

My favourite RT album, only have on CD so another to add to my list!

it’s ltd to 1,200 so I’d order sooner rather than later @Magpie

1 Like

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Blackstar, I had a quick search last night and found one from JG Windows in Newcastle, the store where I bought my first ever record (5x5 EP by The Stones, sadly long since lost.
Fingers crossed that Windows deliver the goods, I am still totally furious with myself for missing Steely Dan’s Two Against Nature, don’t want to miss another favourite or be forced into paying ludicrous premiums SH.

Yes still a good shop for vinyl as is ‘Beyond Vinyl’ & ‘Reflex’.
The ‘river’ still have the LP in stock if you need

2 Likes

I have this, sounds more than fine to me🙂

Not done a comparison with original yet tho…

1 Like

I only have it on CD, but was curious about the pressing quality. I could be tempted to buy it if the good folk in here gave it a thumbs up.

Arrived today from Jazz In Britain
Mike Gibbs - Revisiting Tanglewood 63

Btw until Sunday 19th Sept you can bag a free (or pay what you like) download of Archives Vol1 go to Bandcamp Jazz In Britain
:heart:

4 Likes

Mike Milillo & Chet Baker - Symphonically, Soul Note (1986)

2 Likes

New Order – Be a Rebel Remixes. Pointless remixes of a song I don’t like. Bought for completism’s sake. Nice package though.

3 Likes

Thanks for that - never heard of Mike Melillo before - just ordered a copy - love Chet Baker’s 80’s stuff

Of course you did!

Yes me too Ian there are a few dodgy performances but when he was on form throughout the late 70’s and early 80’s he was an incredible performer.

RSD release…

2 Likes