What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

It’s a cornerstone definitive album. But I much prefer Mingus Mingus Mingus etc., which is up there with Ah Um and Pithecanthropus Erectus in my view. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

2 Likes

I have the Analogue Productions 2 x45rpm release of this one, cut by Kevin Gray. It’s really very good indeed. It’ll be interesting to compare against the upcoming AS issue (cut by Ryan Smith?).

1 Like

Not buying shedloads of vinyl as some of you and not as much listening to vinyl as I would like to but I had to have these 2:

1 Like

On Elemental, another unreleased Barney Wilen concert, this time from 1988:

3 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - First Flight To Tokyo, Blue Note Pre Order

Mastered by Bernie Grundman this ‘Lost’ 1961 concert is released on November 5th.

6 Likes

Thanks @Bobthebuilder, I like the look of that one so pre-ordered it too. Pressed at RTI is a bonus.

Some confusion over the pressing, I read RTI for US and Optimal for UK and Europe in Jazzwise.

I always buy from Amazon so if it’s another Midnight Blue type Optimal pressing it can go straight back.

That is indeed the case @ChrisG – I wrote that news story and I got it from the horse’s mouth (Zev Feldman).

Unless you buy a copy from the US, it’ll be an primal pressing @Graeme.

Thanks for clearing that up, great magazine by the way!

1 Like

I try so hard not to buy from Amazon, but your’e right the no quibble returns especially with vinyl is extremely attractive!

1 Like

Just in from Piccadilly Records. Not even unwrapped!

1 Like

Oh plop!! I’m sure it’ll be ok.

1 Like

And the fact that the money doesn’t leave your account until the record is dispatched is also a bonus.

1 Like

Juno sent me another album out the same day and didn’t ask for the original, so also a good option.

I got by 3rd Kenny Burrell from them and perfect copy. Sadly the Art Blakey “Moanin” might have to go back.

Going to stop buying these Classic series or only buy absolute essentials.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Bob Dylan, Springtime in New York, The Bootleg Series Volume 16.

1 Like

Plenty of other sources do no quibble returns, Juno for example who’s customer care ime surpasses that of the Amazon behemoth.
And I prefer not to give Jeff Bezos my money to spend on vanity trips to outer space, unless he stays there! :wink:

3 Likes

Diverse have also been excellent on the very rare occasions I’ve had to send stuff back.

2 Likes