What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I second that too :+1:

1 Like

Agreed I’ve used Juno many times and can’t fault their service, never had to return anything yet so no experience, but with Amazon Prime it’s sooooooo easy, both to order and if any problems to return.

Not just vinyl of course pretty much anything is available next day, suits us.

1 Like

Why not. It’s Dylan it’s cheap and I haven’t got a copy :grinning:

1 Like

That’s a lot of Dylan if you subscribe!

2 Likes

Great day today… Went for a Cheese fair and shops were open… The two Opera box sets went for 10€ each… €
Great condition, the Police LP Is a SEALED 1981 Italian pressing, just dirty outside… :grin::hugs:

3 Likes

This lovely package just arrived from Diverse…

6 Likes

I saw somewhere its also available as an 8 Track! Does anyone still play those?
:heart:

1 Like

My treat to me as a warm up to my first gig since February 2020, Genesis at the O2 on the 11th!

2 Likes

The Who - Quadrophenia, Classic Records 140 gm RM (2007)

I’ve been after a copy for a while mastered by Chris Bellman at BG mastering and pressed at RTI I believe, it cost me less than half what a Quiex 200 gram copy would but the general consensus is that sonically there is very little if any difference between the two sonically.

10 Likes

Ernest Ranglin - Below The Bassline
Monty Alexander - Yard Movement
(Universal Japan)

I’m cheating a little as I havent actually bought these (yet)
I have the original very limited vinyl pressings that came in a plain card sleeve.
Given that I discovered that an original Below The Bassline has a discogs asking price of around £500! And Yard Movement north of £100 NM, I thought readers might be interested to hear that Universal Japan are to re issue them, price in uk around 50 - £60

image001
image002

2 Likes

I think the Ranglin original has gone up since I last looked on Discogs and decided even then I would just have to be content with my CD. I wish Universal would issue a UK pressing at a more reasonable price!

1 Like

I also had to send the Midnight Blue back, there have been severe problems with new vinyl in the last weeks. I also had problems with pressings from Acoustic Sounds and Tone Poet…

I have the CD too, the Discogs price is ridiculous, mind you they are asking prices, not sure anyones actually paying that!
If your interested I might let you have mine for £499! :wink:

Wow, thanks - a discount - sorry, but it’s an offer I can refuse!

1 Like

:joy:

As an addendum, for illustration purposes (and show off a bit) heres the original pressings…
Truncated versions of the CD albums in a glossy plain card sleeve with CD booklet inside, decent pressing and sound. I still dont get those crackers collectors prices though…

(Sorry pics are not great)

IIRC, this album (Below the Bassline) was being played a lot by Steve Sells during development of the original NAIT 5i.

I’m green with envy!

Now even more green!