What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

this one!

3 Likes

Bon Iver

2 Likes

Eric Clapton, Slowhand

Sainsburys. £14 (or was it £16?) sounds pretty good, gatefold cover and with the hole stamped in the centre of the record unlike several I’ve bought recently from HMV and elsewhere.

8 Likes

Latest haul - Earth are replacements, Stills-Young Band because I love “Fontainblue”, and The Slits cos I never had this album back then…

And playing:

4 Likes

Just £22 for a five LP set! Bargain!

4 Likes

Love that Earth 2 album @steviebee! Must dig it out again.

1 Like

@TheKevster

Replied!

What with my recent Poundland foray and a bumper number of charity shops in Keynsham, vinyl has had a boost as well

The untitled cover with the statue is one of the complete set of When Dalliance Was In Flower, all at 49p each. Recordings of risque Elizabethan songs, sounding a little strange sung in a voice sounding a bit like Burl Ives

5 Likes

Orange Juice - The Orange Juice

The xx - I See You

3 Likes

Max Romeo & The Upsetters - War ina Babylon. Uk First Press.

Marvellous.

3 Likes

Nathan Milstein’s 1957 mono recordings on Capitol Records of the Bach Solo Sonatas and Partitas for Violin, just reissued by Analogphonic. I already have the recently reissued stereo versions from the 70s on Philips, reissued earlier this summer by DG Classics.

Both are wonderful, and different. Need some more time listening to decide which I like better.

5 Likes

Lana Del Rey - NFR! limited edition 2xLP on lime green vinyl from the official LDR store

2 Likes

Peter Gabriel ‘Melt’ and ‘Security’

Both second hand and in shockingly dirty condition so I’m listening to ‘melt’ while I clean them. Hopefully they’re OK under all the filth!

8 Likes

The great Chrissie Hynde.
Her latest.

Wow…“Caroline, No”…what lovely production!

3 Likes

@StephenPacker - I thought this wasn’t released until 27th September? Have you actually had your copy yet, or just pre-ordered?

1 Like

Indeed, Kev. I pre-ordered mine through Music Glue with 26/09/19 as dispatch date.

1 Like

A lot of music for the weekend. Blink 182 and Oasis are limited edition pre ordered from the sound of vinyl.

Just pre-ordered. But since I’ve paid for it… it’s sort of the last I’d bought!

1 Like

Well… Melt is fine.

Security has something suspicious on it.

I think I’ll play it on my second deck first before I plough the Kontrapunkt through it!

Or maybe have another go at cleaning, first spot cleaning with a solvent…

LP (Laura Pergolizzi) - Heart To Mouth (orange vinyl).

Bought after a very disappointing visit to a record fair this morning (four or five stalls down on the usual number, the absentees usually the best vendors), so I popped into HMV rather than head home empty handed, deciding that a shiny new disc was the correct and appropriate therapy!