What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

51eQ-oYrISL

11 Likes

Temptations - Papa was a Rolling Stone. On green vinyl supposedly. This one was hard to find and not cheap. Pretty amazing song, hope the vinyl is clean when it gets here.

SITG

jpeg

3 Likes

I just got my subscription copy of Analogue Productions’s RCA Living Stereo LP of Mahler’s 4th with Reiner/CSO. I just finished playing side one and I think so far AP hit this one out of the park, as the American expression goes.

5 Likes

Just arrived:
Don Rendell & Yan Carr Quintet - Shades of blue
Roy Ayers - Ubiquity

6 Likes

1983 first Canadian pressing

2 Likes

1563996717_cover

Lee Morgan: Cornbread

8 Likes

Josh Rouse - Dressed Up Like Nebraska on double LP.

3 Likes

4 Likes

SY400

Trifonov's Rach 1 & 3.

3 Likes

Never thought I’d buy this, but found a NM US Atco copy for a fair price
Not a great recording, nor am I particularly a Clapton fan post-Cream, but…it’s nice!

Ooh, and just arrived: FKA Twigs EP2.
VERY nice! ‘Water Me’ is just beautiful…

2 Likes

7 Likes

I was looking at buying this on vinyl. Is that a first press or a reissue? How does it sound?

It is an Abbey Road remastered reissue on 180g vinyl. I think the SQ is fantastic. I got mine on Amazon for £18 but on there it is incorrectly listed as a 2xLP version that went out of print a long time ago as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

On it’s way via Bandcamp, currently enjoying the wav file on my DAP

This arrived yesterday; We Out Here.

I’m listening to it as I type this post. Very good it is too. And a nice pressing with (joy of joys) poly lined inner sleeves!

2 Likes

Just had a look at the tracklist on that @Richard.Dane. Looks good - will sample on Bandcamp later.

1 Like

Great album. Have you just ordered the upcoming MoV LP release?

1 Like

Funny thing about MOV, a few years ago they received good acclaim for SQ no doubt for being a cut above the usual reissue digital copy, but the few MOVs i have seem a bit too SQ polite to the point of missing the analogous musical soul. I tend to avoid them now :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yup, some MoVs are very good, while others rather less so and sound a bit flat or “digital”. The pressings though are almost always superb.

Have you listened to the BMG issue yet?

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks Dan. I order a fair bit from Honest Jon’s and there are a few other LPs I’ve had my eye on that he stocks, so… ordered.

1 Like