What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Slade - Slayed.

Well that’ll teach me. An impulsive buy while shopping in Sainsburgers. I didn’t see the obvious sticker that said it was “spatter vinyl”. Eek! :astonished: However it plays beautifully. The cover looks like a poor photo copy compared to my original from 1972. As for sound quality, it’s blooming awful. Not sure what/where they got the master from, but my beat to hell old copy sounds vastly superior even through the scratches and crackles which plague it.

Oh well, it’s fun to own, won’t wear my stylus out so quick and will preserve what’s left of my original.

Next time I won’t buy records when I’m in a hurry.

4 Likes

Mankunku Quartet - Yakhal’ Inkomo, WRC/Mr Bongo (2021)

One of the better Abbey Rd remasters.

2 Likes

…come on Bob… Drooling … :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

A Christmas record, but of course! Fall present for my wife, just had a quick listen. The gatefold is festive, the inside a bit dull, the vinyl flat, the recording crisp and very clean, Ella sounds happy, a highly recommended Christmas album!

Rex’ vinyl #56

Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas
Pressing 2021 / Acoustic Sounds Series, Verve, MG VS-64042, QRP

4 Likes

Stan Getz - Cafe Montmarte, Decca France (2018)

Recorded at Jazzhus Montmarte on two dates almost four years apart in 1987 & 1991.

4 Likes

The Comeback! Clear Vinyl Edtion. Special album as big fan. Perfectly flat & quiet. 1st listen, maybe not audiophile but sounds great with a clear sound and energy.

5 Likes

… try as I might, it won’t fit in the CD drive!!

1 Like

Collected while at work.
Looking forward to hearing Trane and Sanders blast this…

6 Likes

Suspiciously similar desk set up :smiley: If that’s a Filco keyboard??

Lol…nah, John Lewis seem to only do Lenovo for us working stiffs…

1 Like

Lee Morgan - The Cooker, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2021)

Sounding absolutely fantastic.

8 Likes

Chet Baker - It Could Happen To You, Riverside Craft (2019)

This is the RSD Mono reissue by KG and is absolutely spot on easily the best of the four Riverside Craft reissues.

7 Likes

French Ballads - Barney Willen, Elemental Music (2021)

Beautiful music and even though it’s not up to say the quality of a Tone Poet reissue it’s still very much worth owning.

1 Like

After waiting nearly 20 years for this vinyl, I’m a bit disappointed. The pressing is perfect, but it sounds like it was recorded in his toilet.

1 Like

Chet Baker - Chet Baker Cools Out, Boblicity Mono

An 80’s release of songs taken from Chet Baker and Crew.

2 Likes

Alfa Mist - On My Ones, Sekito 10" EP (2021)

Really happy to have this reissue as the original was scarce and came out before I’d discovered this exceptional young, British keyboard player it’s just him and a piano on this release.

1 Like

Chet Baker Trio with Duke Jordan - September Song, Marshmallow (1986)

Released only in Japan but recorded in Paris and Belgium on 24th & 25th November 1983.

Both Chet and Duke Jordan are in fine form and are assisted by the excellent Danish bassist Jesper Lundgaard who also engineered the recording.

1 Like

@Bobthebuilder You are now becoming annoying !
I have been looking for a reasonably priced one for ages. Where did you get this one?
I love Chet Baker during this period

Sorry Ian…

1 Like

I actually paid a bit for it with postage and tax from Japan it came to a little over £40.

1 Like