What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Steve Gibbons Band - Caught In The Act

Cheap as chips Discogs used purchase 7.95 inc postage.
Recommended to me by @Steve_S on the WYLT thread.
Described as NM but cant play it right now as LP12 at the dealers pending dems of a new cart

:heart:

6 Likes

Beautiful Highlife!!

1 Like

@worldofsteve & @Richard.Dane I had this happen recently with a ‘mint’ copy of Wing’s Back To The Egg. A first pressing which looked in time warp condition in every way when I looked at it in store, but serious distortion on play back. Very frustrating. At least I have a decent LP sleeve if I find another disc that plays well.

Hope you paid no more than £2.49 for it :rofl:

(My original from way back).

3 Likes

I think it was £4 without post, so allowing for inflation probably a bargain! :joy:

1 Like

the same Warner Hodges as played with Jason and The Scorchers? I may check this out, thanks

Just a heads up to avoid Dig Records at all costs. I ordered the coloured vinyls of the first four Bunnymen albums from them but they never arrived. It’s my first order with them and my last.
Two emails got a “we’ll respond within 3 days” reply and a third with “we’ve escalated this to management”. My last enquiry which was “can someone please advise just how long management take to respond” received another “we’ll respond within 3 days”.
They didn’t respond within 3 days so today I got a refund via my card issuer and ordered via Amazon. Unfortunately they’re not the coloured vinyls but it’s probably time to rest the originals anyway.

The very same …

Paul has always sounded better live and a great shame it’s never really been captured Live Wood, Days of Speed and Catch a Fire just don’t capture that sound, the energy or the excitement but they are still worth owning and listening too.

Stanley Turrentine - That’s Where It’s At, Blue Note DMM (1986)

I have a few of these French DMM Blue Note ‘Cadre Rouge’ releases and they are all excellent some of the more popular titles are a bit pricey but this cost less than £20 inc p&p.

3 Likes

Bought the English Mercury Mono version of this a few weeks ago but the seller was a tight arse and used Hermes so after three delivery attempts it got sent back to him.

This Japanese Mono reissue looks pretty decent though I’ll let you all know as soon as it arrives and I’ve given it a spin.

I’d be really interested to hear if this is a second press it’s hard to tell if it’s just old stock in these stores but surely Optimal will sort out the problems with the first press Amazon alone are trying to flog 16 ‘USED’ copies off cheap.

Unfortunately I didn’t send mine back in time but the cover will look nice framed up in my hobby room.

Yes, do feel lucky @Richard.Dane. I took a punt on it (Midnight Blue) having heard all the woes about it, and I think I got a good one. There are some clicks, but certainly not enough to put me off. It’s quickly become one of my most played records. Fabulous stuff!

1 Like

I’m reticent because the copy I got is without a doubt the worst case of non-fill I’ve ever had rendering it unplayable.

Keep trying. There are good copies out there and it’s very much worth it.

I got a fourth, yes, fourth replacement copy of St Vincent’s Daddy’s Home album on the weekend after a four month wait for this copy. Tried black vinyl this time. It has the same flaw around the middle of the first side as the others, I can only think it must be a fault with the master they have been pressed with.

It’s like a sweeping sound for a second or two every rotation.

Most recent copy:

First copy I got - exactly the same!

Freddie Hubbard - Ready For Freddie.

Just turned up via courier - nice!

9 Likes

BLACK ACID SOUL vinyl arrived today from Rough Trade London (lucky to obtain, probably never to be seen here in Australia )

No nasties on my copy also, sounds pretty good

My album of the year so far

4 Likes

Thelonious Monk – Palo Alto: The Custodian’s Mix

1 Like

Hi Kuma, what is a Custodians Mix?
Cheers
:heart: