What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Did you mean to post links like this…? :thinking:

Really nice pressing Graeme.

Some explanations here.

2 Likes

Yes, very nice pressing Bob.

Interesting, thanks
:heart:

Received this on Monday, Sing and dance with Frank Sinatra. I’m amazed on the sound quality, it was recorded 71 years ago in 1950.

2 Likes

Bought these from a record shop in Scarborough last month, both sound wonderful. Miles, Merci Miles, Live at Vienne and Kenny Garrett, Sounds from the Ancestors.

2 Likes

Yep - is there a reason I shouldn’t? (I couldn’t upload the audio clips to this forum so had to post links instead.)

Getting there with the Mute ACR releases. This one sounds great so far, both the music, and the quality :slight_smile:

Now, there’s one biggie lurking out there, Box. I spent a weekend listening through it during a load of tip runs, really enjoyable journey through their styles. £100 though, at least the vinyl version is. I know I’m going to, maybe after pay day X)

1 Like

More 80’s musicians boxing up repacking etc as they approach retirement?

ACR are on tour this month, and just released a raft of new stuff, an album, 3 EPs, in the past year or so, and a remix album of those EPs just out today.

I’m just hoovering up some back catalog I missed first time round :slight_smile:

2020/2021 releases:

1 Like

@gthack – there may be some signed versions of the ACR box still out there. Worth shopping around. It’s a great set, a thing of real beauty.

1 Like

Don’t say that X)

I almost sprung for it this month, but have spent enough. I will keep an eye out though, a signed one would be flipping great!

And I’m toying with getting out the house to go see them, ideally back up north, will have to see if home and work schedules permit

1 Like

Just waiting on mine to arrive by in NZ from Foundation records… agree so far the digital version is up there with my album of the year picks… if the pressing is ok then it’s going to be a strong contender

Forgot to plug this one when it arrived a week ago, fun listen, live album (whispers, prefer it slightly to Up In Smoke - they sound fun live!)

5 Likes

Top notch next day service from Juno Records and The Royal Mail as always.

Tony Allen & Hugh Masekela - Rejoice Special Edition (World Circuit 2LP)

World Circuit re issue of this fine album from last year (?) With second LP of “Cool Cats Mixes” gatefold sleeve and booklet.

Ian Carr’s Nucleus - Roots (Bewith LP)
Taking a bit of a punt on this one, Bewith not a label I’ve heard of before. Re issue of a 1973 Prog/Jazz fusion album originally on Vertigo claimed to be from the original master tapes.
Should be a nice companion to the recent Ian Carr Beladonna re issue from Mr Bongo

:heart:

3 Likes

MALCOLM JIYANE TREE-O - Umdali, K7 (2021) PRE ORDER

I’ve heard a couple of previews of this LP on youtube and am really looking forward to hearing the whole record by this extremely talented South African multi instrumentalist.

2 Likes

Booker Ervin - The Book Cooks, Bethlehem (2021) PRE ORDER Dec 10th

Not sure if this like the Nina Simone Bethlehem reissues this is remastered by KG cant find any release info yet but want a copy regardless and if it’s not up to scratch it’s easy to return. I know KG and Steve Hoffman remastered this back in 2003 for a CD release so hope this vinyl reissue will get the same treatment.

1 Like

Booker T & the MGs. The complete Stax singles volume two (1968-1974)
At last I’ve received follow up to excellent volume one.

7 Likes

I think this has been the most expensive new music pay day to pay day month ever!

Next month I’m going to limit it to a single purchase. An expensive purchase, but just the one X)

(and today is pay day, so yay!!)

1 Like