What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

1979 original first UK pressing

9 Likes

I went to a nearby coffee house for some breakfast today and came home with these

6 Likes

What do the Tone Poet releases sound like ?

That’s a top intro into some really good artists Ricahrd, I can recommend the Maisha Album and got to see most all these bands at the We out here festival last month.

1 Like

Been waiting a few weeks for this to arrive:

And it’s a good pressing; hole is central (why do they get this wrong so often?) nice heavy vinyl and no surface noise.

Trying to convince myself I have enough time to listen to both sides.

6 Likes

@StephenPacker - you must make time to listen to both sides - it’s the Frapp! :smiley:

1 Like

Original first US 1977 pressing (TML-M)

5 Likes

Original first US 1981 pressing

2 Likes

Court and Spark by my 2nd favourite Canadian (Joni Mitchell):

and Gris-Gris by Dr. John, The Night Tripper:

10 Likes

SY355
Ben Folds Five: Whatever and ever - Amen

Was listening to this CD and reminded me how enjoyable this album was. Used to spin this at work a lot. Nostalgia I suppose. A quick search yielded that ORG did a reissue in vinyl a few years back. CD sounds great already so I have a high hope tho I could not find any engineer credit. ( which can be a total dud )

If this is the recent reissue, hopefully it is the US issue, which is much better than what we got here in the UK.

2 Likes

" Goran Bregovic: ‘I want to remind people what Gypsy culture’s given’ "

1 Like

@Richard.Dane, It looks like a UK pressing, reissued in 1976, going by the serial number K 53002 A1 and K 53002 B1, which is stamped in the runout groove.

It’s in near mint condition and sounded sublime when I played it yesterday.

OK that’s good news. I’m glad it sounds great.

1 Like

Three guesses - sounds good and picking up nuances I had previously not heard. Ringo’s drumming is superb

8 Likes

I agree with you!!! Very good SQ

4 Likes

Both in the 2 for £25 offer in store at HMV. Christine and the Queens comes with a physical CD rather than a download code card, which is nice. Heaven 17 is on white vinyl.

3 Likes

Can’t help but feel they’ve missed an opportunity with the Chris album not to cut it at 45rpm when side 3 is under 9 minutes and the longest side is only about 13.5 minutes.

Finally. Had or heard the Köln Concert years ago (thought I had it but couldn’t find it)…beautiful.

10 Likes

Playing the 3lp now and comparing it against the mfsl. It’s not 100% clear at the moment which I like best. There’s something the mfsl has that the new vinyl doesn’t. There’s a little bit of more refined resolution. The 3lp sounds a little fuller, slightly more forward and maybe a little more separation, but I am going back to mfsl each track and kind of preferring it atm.

5 Likes