What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Looks like this box set is also going back to dealer. This Mark Knopfler box set has awful distortion on most of the tracks. I have played 4 albums so far and cannot be bothered to play the rest to check them out. Money back or try for a third box set. I don’t know about you people but I am having an awful run with warped or poorly pressed album’s of late.

In order not to be mistaken, I started for fun with the Tone Poets now I’m buying all the Blue Note Classic series, I have them all oh! Classic series in analogue AAA

2 Likes

Why did I start buying records? Why did I look at this bloody thread? Why do people post such enticing looking albums? Grrr!! These have just arrived with postie.

14 Likes

If you hadn’t bought that Rega…

Quite.

As the cartoon that sometimes gets posted in the best jokes section says,
“The things that attracted me to vinyl were the expense and the inconvenience.”

2 Likes

Wait til you hear Black Saint And The Sinner Lady, should be out on the 19th also from the Acoustic Sounds Series
You can pre-order it :wink:
:heart:

That 4 Men With Beards Dusty is quite poor, “remastered from original analogue tapes” can be misleading and mean many things, I have it. Nice selection otherwise

Just a thought, could your cleaning method be causing the distortion. Those spin clean type contraptions tend to leave a lot of sludge in the record groove which turns your stylus into a toffee apple leading to mistracking and distortion, take a look.

Hi This is just another very poor pressing from MK. The first box set From MK was full of waltzers the third box set is on its way. Money for Nothing.

Yep I agree Dread. Sleeve is great but the sound is poor. The Mercury reissue in the green sleeve sounds fantastic and is the one to get if you can’t get hold of an original.

1 Like

Ready For Freddie - Freddie Hubbard. Another stellar reissue in the Classic Blue Note series, sounding wonderful and - big sigh of relief - none of the non fill issues that have plagued some Optimal pressings lately.

8 Likes

Good news, hopefully their addressing the problem now
:+1:

1 Like

Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor’s version) 4LP 45 RPM

Sounds awesome so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Not sure any of the 4 Men With Beards records are up to much.
Aptly titled for bearded hipsters who dont know better :grin:

2 Likes

Nirvana - Nevermind, Geffen (2021)
30th Anniversary Edition.

Lovely pressing I’ve not listened to the single yet and only ‘Something In The Way’ from the LP but it’s the best I’ve heard that track sound on a domestic stereo.

My God was it 30 years ago I was 22 and listening almost exclusively to House, Soul and Reggae but this record blew me away then and still does now.

n

10 Likes

Miles Davis Quintet - Miles Smiles, Columbia/Speakers Corner.

Back to my stash from yesterday nothing to compare this against only a CD but sounding very, very good.

8 Likes

Cannonball Adderly - Something Else, Blue Note/Classic Records Stereo (2008)

The best version I’ve heard to date not as quiet in between tracks as a Tone Poet say but after that it leaps right out of the speakers. Excellent.

A

9 Likes

Mines good too !

1 Like

Guilty pleasure! I’ve just finished playing it. The records felt noticeably flimsy compared to most new releases but still sound great!

4 Likes