What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks. Have messaged the company asking for a replacement or a refund….with shipping it cost nearly €70 so definitely not happy.

Anyone ever tried using a Corby trouser press to flatten warped vinyl. Just curious.

Yup. A disaster. Don’t do it.

1 Like

One has to ask. Tell us why and where? :grinning:

I have an old Corby trouser press from my City days and so I had to give it a go. A few waffled LPs later, I realised it was trickier than I imagined…

2 Likes

Only for flattening warped trousers :grin:

Fair play to the company I bought it off, they have refunded in full without any issues.

4 Likes

Always remember when i worked at Ford, one of the managers had to go and meet the engine plant manager ( these guys were treated like God back in the day). Being an early meeting he did an overnight and put his trousers in the Corby press. Next morning he realised that it had burnt lots of holes in his trousers, nowhere open to buy new trousers, he had to improvise. He rang the hotel desk and eventually taped black bin liners to his legs so his pale legs did not show through the holes. The plant manager noticed as soon as he walked through the door……got a lot of laughs.

8 Likes

Brilliant!

Reminds me of a guy at work years ago who we kept telling that his suit was getting really dirty and he ought to get it cleaned or buy a new one. The next day he came in and it was all damp and crumpled as he had tried washing it in the bath and then hung it out to dry!

1 Like

Do the trouser press baby.

1 Like

How’s the 4MWB pressing? Not a popular reissue label in some parts (I’ve never heard their releases).

I have it, pressing is fine SQ isn’t :+1:

Nice, here’s mine, I bought it when HMVs were everywhere!

And here’s an actual recent purchase, delivered today:

That I might need to explain! My first copy was on tape, for the car, in the early 90s. My second copy was a 2nd hand vinyl copy, very poor condition, but tolerably listenable. My third copy is the recent reissue… that is over 4 sides, and unbelievably splits two tracks that fade into each other over side 1 and 2!

My fourth copy came last week, from Discogs, described as near mint. Not near mint in any way.

This is my fifth copy. Described as mint, very close, close enough in fact. I shall enjoy this one.

2 Likes

I bought this for a friend who loves Vinyl and his top-end LP12
He didn’t dig the music, but I think the Vinyl itself is something special,
as Jack W explains here:

2 Likes

Nor me @steviebee they’re not up to the standard of the Blue Note Classic series sonically but are better than most bog standard 180gm reissues out there also I’ve not heard a Dusty first press or the Analogue Productions to compare it to but given that the cover is nice quality too I’d say worth between £10-£15.

@Bobthebuilder
Sounds a bit like Plain Records reissues - a JAMC album reissue I have has the PR cover (good quality) but I swapped out the record for my first press as it just sounded better (but the cover was shot).

The AP Dusty is superb, but obviously a fair bit more than the 4MWB. AP cover is nice quality too.

Great album!

1 Like

Yes great record.

I have the 2002 4 Men With Beards reissue, and the SQ is excellent. Lots available on Discogs for not too much money.

Bought lot’s recently but just bought this for £12.49 of the River.

Sounds superb from Cd rip, so we will see how the vinyl plays.

3 Likes