What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Also try Scott Nangle. I’ve bought a number of Speakers Corner LPs from him. Always very well packed.

@Clive Without wishing to contradict our esteemed moderator, I would take a look at Mr Nangle’s Tustpilot reviews before giving him your money. His customer service has, er, somewhat mixed reviews. I know a number of people who’ve been burned by this person – and it doesn’t matter how well his records are packed if they don’t arrive.

Dealing direct with Pure Pleasure is your best bet – Jessica there is really helpful and their prices are fair and delivery prompt. And they are utterly upfront about what they actually have in stock.

1 Like

Sure is, it’s the Islington show from May 2019 and he was the special guest. A brilliant performance and sadly the last time we saw D with the band.

1 Like

My First Steely Dan Vinyl

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice, Kev, but Jim (Dan Steel) had already warned me about Scott Nangle some time ago. From what Jim said, it’s hard to understand how he’s still in business!

Still, following Dread’s post, I’ve already placed the order with Pure Pleasure.

1 Like

I am a bit wary of using Scott Nangle due to the trustpilot reviews. To be fair to him I bought a copy of Three Blind Mice Japanese Jazz Box Set. I checked with him first that he actually had the item in stock and once he had confirmed this I went ahead with the purchase.
All received no problems and at a competitive price.
I also bought another record from him following the same procedure which never arrived. He said he had posted it. Anyhow after a little encouragement he did issue me with a refund.

It’s a little embarrassing as I already have four copies of it, but it’s the first Mahavishnu album.

2 Likes

I’m sure the SC will be good, might have to get that myself :+1:

Yes, they’ve also done Birds of Fire, of which I also have four copies. I’ll wait and see what Inner Mounting Flame is like first. I really ought to be using my record player more - I reckon it’s clocked up less than 100 hours since I got the Kandid and Karousel a year ago.

Hi Clive,

I have both the first Mahavishnu & Birds Of Fire albums on Speakers Corner. They both sound good but I could only compare Birds of Fire as I had an original but a bit crackly vinyl copy.
I preferred the SC Birds of Fire to my original which I gave away.

1 Like

I’m another who would steer clear of SN. I only ordered from him twice. The first was trouble free, the second a nightmare. So much so that I wouldn’t use him again.

Back on track though, these arrived in the last week.

54C04A20-D391-42AA-97EF-29737025814F

91FQh6l9-9L.AC_SX466

10 Likes

3 Likes

This might be the next vinyl I buy.

And if this gets modded it’s clearly a sign of being tired of life X)

Oh great, now I’ve got the Stick song stuck in my head. Again.
You are crossed off my Christmas card list for that.

1 Like

Oh no - not the Sticky Sticky Stick song :scream: My youngest had this on repeat one day. I was sat in the corner of the room rocking back and forth sobbing!

Edit: Other than ‘that song’ Hey Duggee is fabulous!

1 Like

…Listening to the new Adele album!

5 Likes

Gave my flexible friend a bit of a work out at Diverse vinyl and an exceptionally well packaged delivery - box within a larger box, paper and bubble bags, they even fashioned some corner braces inside the larger box, a lot of care and effort

:heart:

4 Likes

Charles Mingus - Mingus Mingus Mingus & Black Saint And The Sinner Lady, the latest Acoustic Sounds Series Impulse re issues

8 Likes

Black Keys - El Camino 2021 remaster 3LP

1 Like

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road used NM

4 Likes